New to this

Options
Hello, i am a newbie here. I finally decided to make a change in my life. I spent 4 years in the military and never haf to worry about gaining weight but it sneaks up on you quick. I had a lot of stress in my life and when i lost my parents i put on a lot of weight. I'm looking forward to making friends here and gaining support and giving support. My goal, 50 lbs

Replies

• jlewis326
    jlewis326 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Any advice?
  • mummyhazell
    mummyhazell Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, welcome to MFP. I'm sure we all understand how easy it is to gain weight. I lost 30lbs using MFP but didn't go back on it properly and over time (about a year) I managed to regain 21lbs. Back on it now. I like the flexibility it gives you, but you must log everything. To be honest, once you've gone it a while, you get to know the calories in most things. It just makes you think more about what you're eating/drinking. I hope you find it easy and do well!
  • laceyslabaugh
    laceyslabaugh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have been doing this for 3 1/2 weeks - the most important thing is to log EVERYTHING that hits your lips! lol! Weigh and measure everything! I have also learned that when the bag says it's 35 calories a slice of bread, not all slices are created equal .... just be cautious of that. You will do great! I've lost 5 lbs in 3 1/2 weeks (that might be all the beer I cut out - lol). The message boards are great and people are sooo kind! Add friends too! if you get stuck they can see your diary and help pinpoint potential problems :) Good LUCK!!!!
  • jlewis326
    jlewis326 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • Maryiswhere86
    Maryiswhere86 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Take it one day at a time, log everyday good or bad!!! Drink tons, of water and move :) You got this!! Wishing you nothing but success along your journey
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Get a good digital food scale. Weighing is better then measuring imo. Plus it sends like you get more food.

Log and weigh everything.