Had 6kg's of HUEL dumped on me for free.

Options
pyrowill
pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
edited February 2017 in Food and Nutrition
Alright guys, before we start, I eat actual food, and I calorie count, I'm not talking about going on cleanses or just eating meal replacement shakes, I'm not trying to sell anything etc etc.

Good now we got that out the way, someone at my office who seems to have a loose wallet bought a hell of a load of Huel, I believe its a 'nutritionally complete meal replacement shake'. Seems to be a bit better than your standard ones of those type thing. He went up to me with a box and said "I tried it, don't fancy it, you like shakes etc, have it or it's going in the bin". SO I opened the box and there is 4 packets of the stuff, which I think is like a 4 month supply!

Wondering if anyone here has done any research if they are worth having a bit of a go or should I bin/sell on? It's basically the same as Soylent, but in the UK.

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Protein, fibre. I'd have a shake on days I was short of hitting my protein macro.
  • iliecs
    iliecs Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me and two of my friends are on it. I love it. Fairly low calorie, fills you up and it's nutritionally pretty damn good. I'm training for an ultra marathon, so actively seeking some weight loss. The Huel stuff lives at work and it keeps me away from bad foods and cakes etc.

It is also Vegan. (not that it was a considerent for me)
  • pyrowill
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I wasn't fussed about the Vegan thing but guess that isn't a bad thing. Do you just take it as recommended?
  • pyrowill
    Options
    Any other ideas to the fray?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    It's OK for a fankenfood but quite carby (glycemic)
  • cronus70
    cronus70 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Just started using it today after trying a couple of trial packs....it's palatable. Just trying a bit of a cleanse to get rid of this cycled of sweet food addiction I've fallen into since Christmas. So far I'm using it as directed (vanilla flavour, the unsweetened one is minging) with a few grams of added flavouring.