Projected Calories and not losing weight

Options
2»

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    savithny wrote: »
    I'm just going to say that I've found the barcode scanner next to useless unless you're doing very specific packaged foods.
    There are also a lot of really inaccurate entries in the database. Basically, if they seem to good to be true, they probably are.
    Are you tracking all beverages and condiments? Creamer in coffee, sugar in tea, and butter on sandwiches?
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Measure or weigh? A food scale is much more accurate than measuring cups. And while men tend to lose faster than women, 4 pounds a week is way too fast. .5-1 pound a week is a good range for you.

Here's a video that explains what @malibu927 is saying...

https://youtu.be/XpHykP6e_Uk

Thanks. I measure more than weigh

if you measure more than weigh then you can be off by a LOT. weigh everything and use measuring cups for liquid only.I learned that the hard way
  • Bridget7575
    Bridget7575 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to say that I've found the barcode scanner next to useless unless you're doing very specific packaged foods.
    There are also a lot of really inaccurate entries in the database. Basically, if they seem to good to be true, they probably are.
    Are you tracking all beverages and condiments? Creamer in coffee, sugar in tea, and butter on sandwiches?
    Measure or weigh? A food scale is much more accurate than measuring cups. And while men tend to lose faster than women, 4 pounds a week is way too fast. .5-1 pound a week is a good range for you.

if you measure more than weigh then you can be off by a LOT. weigh everything and use measuring cups for liquid only.I learned that the hard way

I just bought a food scale today so I'm hoping that will help make things even more accurate.
  • sripley92
    sripley92 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you're accurately tracking foods and still stuck it might be worth trying 'cycling' your caloric intake and using the zig-zag method. 1200 is pretty low. Zig Zag calorie rotation will help combat your body's natural 'starvation response' and boost your metabolism. Something like 3 days at 1200 and then eating maintenance calories on the 4th day may do the trick.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

I just bought a food scale today so I'm hoping that will help make things even more accurate.

Good to hear. It will help. I still remember weighing my morning cereal and being pissed off.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    sripley92 wrote: »
    If you're accurately tracking foods and still stuck it might be worth trying 'cycling' your caloric intake and using the zig-zag method. 1200 is pretty low. Zig Zag calorie rotation will help combat your body's natural 'starvation response' and boost your metabolism. Something like 3 days at 1200 and then eating maintenance calories on the 4th day may do the trick.

Got nothing against the advice if it helps, but ignore the starvation mode and boost your metabolism part.