My Wedding Weight Loss objective

Options
Here we go, 6 months until my wedding with 5 extra kg that don't want to leave me, and a need of tone up for my legs. I don't eat so much, I get full very fast, I don't eat a lot of junk but I don't have the most healthy eating and exercising habit. I had lost 8kg in the past 2 years and I am now 63kg for 1m63, when I really want to reach 58, and going below 60 didn't happen in 12 years. I know I really need your support for motivating me, so I hope some of you can come along my journey and help me in getting a better lifestyle and yes, be how I really want to be on my wedding day! <3 I am starting tomorrow, any tips and advices are welcome!!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Whenever I take on a new client or ask a gym member their purpose, they all give the basic answer "I want to lose weight and get fit."
    But when asked how they are going to do it, many don't have a specific plan of action. So here is a basic way to create a specific plan of action:

1. Write it down and keep records (daily if possible)
    Goal
    Milestones
    Daily schedule
    Month to month schedule
    Research to go to if you need help

2. Be specific in your planning
    Know how you're going to achieve your goal
    Set achievable way to do it
    Implement plan consistently

3. Set measurable milestones
    It may be weight loss per week (though it's not linear), it may be how much weight you can lift,
    how far you want to run by then, what your clothing size is, etc. Don't get overzealous though.

4. Schedule how your day goes
    If exercise is going to be part of it, MAKE A SPECIFIC TIME for it. Same with sleep, work, and
    time with family or hobbies.

5. Put timelines on everything.
    Don't lollygag on something like watching TV too long. It's easy to get lazy if one spends too much
    time on not doing something conducive towards their goal.

6. Celebrate your successes
    Small ones matter and help create confidence on other harder goals.

7. Know that there will be obstacles and deterrences and have a back up plan
    Things aren't always in your control, so have options available in case this does happen. My kid
    hasn't stayed home sick for a long time (almost 5 years now), but I do have a plan set aside if she
    does. Same with party invitationals and eating out.

8. Don't stop till you make it!
    If you follow your plan consistently, you should reach your goal. Even if you don't meet it at the
    proposed timeline, DON'T STOP till you do!

Hope this helps.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • suzannemedia
    suzannemedia Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! Getting a pen right now! I am still getting difficulty in the motivation and energy for sports :neutral: i will do the writing and try to keep it updated as much as possible
  • suzannemedia
    Options
    Anyone who want to accompany me and share motivations I'd be so grateful!
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I had this whole thing ready to say but it was already said by niner buff.

Small goals make life easier, stay the course, don't let one bad meal or day ruin anything as long g as its rare and try and have some fun too.

I have started a blog to keep me accountable and to write down what I have learned. You can try that too.

If want to see my story I'm at www.averagejoefit.net
  • suzannemedia
    Options
    I have started on saturday and being so healthy! I have just lost 1kg, can't wait to continue. Anyone wants to join me or share some motivation?