BEST TIPS TO GET RID OF WATER WEIGHT

Options
2»

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Sushi yesterday and too much soy sauce. Bang I'm up a pound today.

It'll go away in a couple of days. And it make sweet piss all difference in my weight loss. It's fat I care about.
  • JADE5924
    JADE5924 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It's fat loss I care about too, But I'll take weight loss everywhere I can get it lol so if I can curb water weight I'm gonna do that too ;)
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    JADE5924 wrote: »
    It's fat loss I care about too, But I'll take weight loss everywhere I can get it lol so if I can curb water weight I'm gonna do that too ;)

That's not really a good plan. If your body wants to hold onto water, it's doing it for a good reason and you need to let it be. Barring chronic oedema (swelling), water weight only varies within a relatively small, fixed range. It's just part of your body's normal functioning and it's better not to interfere with it.

Sure, if you eat a lot of salt, you can reduce it to more normal levels; but if the amount of salt you eat is already pretty moderate, you should not reduce it too much. Your body needs salt, and people who try to go without it end up with health problems.

But at end of the day, the best thing you can do about water weight is ignore it. Your body controls it very carefully and it knows what it is doing.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    If that's the case, what body parts are unnecessary? I mean you have two kidney's, give it to someone and loose a few ounces. :tongue:
    I can't add anything to what @CattOfTheGarage said. Salt in moderation good. Water good. Water weight, continual thing no matter who you are, supposed to be. We're made of water!
  • iacoboni16
    iacoboni16 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I cut down my carbs to 30g or less for a solid 3 days lost 7lbs I'm sure 6lbs was water. Very tough diet to maintain but incredible for dropping water weight cause carbs hold onto water.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,831 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    I don't worry too much about water weight. I want to lose fat weight.

That's the right answer - water weight is normal, part of our bodies' healthy self-regulation, as long as no pathological medical condition is present. Weight's just a number, health is the best goal.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,173 Member
    Options
    I've been reading through the forums and you guys have GREAT tips & advice! What are your best tips & advice for losing water weight?

Wait 3 days.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,691 Member
    Options
    mbanks123 wrote: »
    drink lots of water!
    This. Increasing water in your system helps you to lose water AS LONG AS your electrolytes are balanced too.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,173 Member
    Options

That's not a particularly good idea ... that kind of thinking can lead to problems with hyponatremia or dehydration.

You'll gain water weight when you do more exercise than normal, when you spend too much time out in hot weather, when you get a sunburn, when it's your TOM, or when you eat a particularly salty meal. And about 3 days later, that water weight should disappear ... you'll wear a path in the carpet to the toilet.

You don't need to do anything special.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options

You do know water weight just comes from your body's natural functioning, and isn't a problem that needs fixed? It's silly to pursue it as "weight loss".
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    The only time I care about it is before a powerlifting meet/weigh in, and before a big/sexy date. Decrease sodium, increase water, decrease carbs, maybe hit the sauna. If I've been very uncomfortable (I have GI issues on top of water retention), I've taken a water pill.