Shout out to delicious. magazine for down to earth good sense

Options
I've been a long term subscriber to this magazine, which has awesome recipes (very thoroughly tested and notable for turning out looking exactly like the picture!) but I used to tolerate their occasional nutritional nonsense - no worse than the average tripe, but no better, either, with faddy nonsense, bad science and unquestioned "information" from "nutritionists" (here in the UK, a "nutritionist" is not a thing. I could call myself a nutritionist. "dietitian" is the only regulated term).

Well, no more. Over the last year or so they have cleaned up their act and now have a regular feature busting common nutritional myths - and it's good stuff, correcting misconceptions on things like supplements, sugar, nutritional content of frozen foods and so on. In this month's issue, they have a whole section on healthy cooking which bills itself as "free from fads and groundless health claims". It's not flawless, but it's pretty darn good, and the message that comes through the whole magazine is that you can indulge when you want, and you can lighten it up when you need to - and I just think that's great. Full nutrition info on all recipes, too.

I just wanted to give a bit of recognition of good practice in the magazine world, which is so often a minefield of fads, woo and unhealthy attitudes to food. I think they're moving in a great direction and I hope we see more of this in the future.

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,966 Member
    Options
    I thought 'delicious' was an adjective but it's the name of the magazine?
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    K
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    It's great to hear that at least one publication in the health, fitness and food genre is doing it right.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I thought 'delicious' was an adjective but it's the name of the magazine?

Yes, and it has a lower case 'd' and a full stop at the end. Kind of annoying to type, tbh.