One small change

Options
kq1981
kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
edited February 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
This week my aim is to not have sugar in my coffee. I only have one but I love coffee and if I don't have sugar that's like 20 teaspoons of sugar less a week!!!!! Feel free to add me

Replies

• CaffeinatedRats
    CaffeinatedRats Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I drink a pot of coffee a day. It was a good change to go from an unmeasured amount of creamer and sugar per mug, to a tablespoon of creamer (30 cal) and a teaspoon of sugar (15 cal), to a packet of sweetener (4 cal) and a tablespoon of sugar free creamer (15 cal). That makes my whole pot of coffee under 100 calories when it was 300-400 before!
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    If you find the coffee too bitter without sugar, try adding a small amount of cocoa powder. It's not many calories and helps me use less sugar (and eat less chocolate with it!).
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Most days I have nothing in my coffee. It's the weekend so I have Baileys in my coffee.

I learned a long time ago to drink coffee black. It came from working in an office and too often finding no cream or sugar that I just decided to learn to drink it black and not have to have my coffee enjoyment ruined because someone didn't get cream for the office. Now that I'm losing weight, it does help.
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I personally like reduced sugar almond milk. It has a hint of sweetness in it, but still only 60 calories for a cup (I only use half of a cup).

Just me though I hate black coffee.

If you need more advice hit me up of MFP [edited by MFP Mods]
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Drink more water and zero-calorie drinks. I haven't sworn off sugary drinks but they are a treat now, not the default. They just use up so many calories !
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    I mixed low cal hot chocolate mix into my coffee today it was delicious <3
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I went from having 3tsp of sugar in each cup of tea down to none. Or 15-20tsp of sugar every single day to zero. Ironically i was at my thinnest then.
    I do still have milk in my tea and coffee, that is something I'll never give up!