Want to get lean

Options
the plan is too eat 1200 -1400 calories daily , (im only 4ft 11) , and do body pump x3 a week . Does this sound like a good plan to get lean / loose weight ?

Replies

• Hello_its_Dan
    Hello_its_Dan Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Maybe.
    What's your goal weight and activity like outside of body pump?
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    It is generally accepted that losing 1 lbs a week is the healthiest and most sustainable way to loose weight. I'm not sure the calories because I don't know much about your information other then your height. MFP has an option for 1 lbs a week and that is probably for the best.

I don't know the workout, but it sounds like a weight lifting workout. Just know that building muscle while in a calorie deficit is slow and very long process.
    [post edited by mods]
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    You don't look like you have very much to lose. Can't really say if that's a good plan or not. I don't know exactly what body pump is, but you should have some element of strength training in whatever program you are following. And probably a fairly small deficit, even possibly a recomp. (based on your pic)
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting plus adequate protein intake while in a mild caloric deficit is the key to getting lean. It sounds like you are on the right track but without knowing all your stats or having seen what Body Pump is I couldn't be 100% sure but it sounds good.