Suggestions on a exercise plan! Please!

Options
I started at 163ib and managed to lose 14ibs before mfp mainly walking and through diet!
I weigh 149ib and i want to lose 23ib and tone up hopefully by july!
2 weeks ago i joined a gym(treadmill, bike, cross trainer) and im also doing a 3 mile run once a week outside plus doing the cardio part of insanity! The hard bit,how do i come up with a routine and how many days do i workout? Any help would be appreciated!

Replies

• Hello_its_Dan
    Hello_its_Dan Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Download Stronglifts 5x5 on your phone and have a trainer walk you through each exercise using dumbbells first, then barbells if you want.
    It's a great beginners program.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Bodybuilding.com has tons of free routines.

If your gym has any sort of weights you should find a plan that uses them. An all cardio plan (what you listed) is most likely not going to get you the look your after.
  • Loumossmfp78
    Loumossmfp78 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thankyou @Hello_its_Dan ive just downloaded it so im gonna try it out tomorrow! Thanks for your help!
  • Loumossmfp78
    Options
    Thankyou @shadow2soul i think im too shy use the weights at the gym just yet, but i have a few at home so im gonna look at bodybuilding.com thanks for your help!
  • lottathought
    lottathought Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Do not be shy to use the weights in the Gym. I know exactly how you feel. But if you ask around, I suspect that what you are going to find is that experienced lifters respect that you are trying. Everyone started at some point. In fact, you will probably find that these same people will likely give you some advice on your process and form if they think you need it.
    What experienced lifters hate to see...and do no respect..... are the idiots trying sling around weights far in excess of what they can really handle. They know it is just a matter of time before those guys hurt themselves,
  • blackcomaro
    blackcomaro Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    If you havent trained before.... i would strogly suggest a pt for awhile to gain correct form and workout schedule. It depends greatly on your goals.
  • 402FitLife
    402FitLife Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If this is your first time really using weights I would suggest starting with the machines for a month or so. They are easy to use and you will be able to build confidence in lifting at the gym without really putting yourself at injury risk due to improper form. I would do all the machines twice a week with at least 48 hours between workouts.
  • Loumossmfp78
    Options
    Thankyou @joshlanik , your right ive never used them ive always toned doing insanity and sit ups! But i want to step it up! Maybe the machines are good way to start! Ill be fine once i get the first time out of the way! Thanks for the advice!