Les Mills fans

Options
Looking for mfp's to support and motivate me. I am following slimming world (loosely) and calorie counting along side. I joined a gym recently and they have les mills classes which I really enjoy so would love some like minded folk to chat to.
I lost 5 stone in 2010 but regained a lot when I stopped following the SW plan. I have spent a lot of this year messing around with different diets so now starting over and sticking to sensible eating and CCing.

Replies

• JenumsC1979
    JenumsC1979 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    ohhh I love body combat classes, through a combo of 2 -3 of these a week, mostly following mfp's 1200 cal intake (although splurging over at weekends) I'd dropped 35lb! gained a few on a 2 wk all inclusive holiday, but now back on the mfp wagon again! lol the new combat routine is tough and have literally been dripping with sweat coming out of it (attractive i know ;) ) good luck with it!
  • ThatOperaGirl
    ThatOperaGirl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request -- I am a complete Les Mills junkie! I'm off to Body Pump this morning :smile:
  • Lucy3410
    Lucy3410 Posts: 35
    Options
    Oh, I love Les Mills classes!! I used to not miss Body Pump at the Y where I used to live, and made Body Combat whenever I could. I miss it so much, I lost about 12 pounds when I was making the classes on a regular basis (along with Spin). But then I moved, got out of the routine, and gained it all back and then some. But I joined a gym recently, they don't offer anything like that, but I put some of the Body Pump tracks I remember on my playlist and find myself still following the moves I learned!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Me, too! I love that stuff! I'd love to chat about les mills classes all day LOL. BodyAttack, BodyCombat, BodyPump, BodyFlow are the ones I take regularly. I'll throw in a CXWORX if my schedule compels it (in between classes I want, missed half of BodyPump due to being late, etc).
  • angserino
    angserino Posts: 59
    Options
    I love Les Mills. Body Pump is the best thing I have come across yet. I actually get excited when it's time for class! We are getting the other classes in October and I can't wait!
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I've been doing BodyPump and BodyFlow and I really enjoy them. I've only been doing the BodyPump for a bit over a month and decided to add a second class during the week. I've been doing the BodyFlow for just over a year and recently the instructor pulled me aside to tell me she's noticed a recent improvement in my moves/poses/whatever. Some days are,of course, better than others. :)

I round out my week with yoga, zumba, using the elliptical, and walks (either with the dogs or in the apt complex fitness room on the treadmill).

Always looking for new friends so feel free to add me. Good luck on your journey!
  • adioschubs
    adioschubs Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add :) I"m doing Les Mills Combat dvds.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I do body pump twice a week, and body jam!

Once in awhile I throw in Step!

I love Attack but it isn't at good times for me, so I don't go much.
  • Lorrainesealak
    Lorrainesealak Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi hun, what is Les Mills?
  • shanlynnstevens
    Options
    I've had a lot of success taking Body Pump, Body Step and sometimes Body Combat. Love me some Les Mills!!!!
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one here thinking it had something to do with Les Mis the film? or do i just need glasses?
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I love Les Mills! Trying desperatley to become an Instructor, but no gyms around here offer them. The one that does has a full roster of trainers:( Combat is the best!
  • halfabaileys
    halfabaileys Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the add's folks, nice chats going on already.

Les Mills is a series of fitness classes, if you google/you tube you can see more. They are addictive, fun and really work you hard!!
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Agreeing that Les Mills is awesome! Combat is my personal favorite!
  • caviggia
    caviggia Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love including Les Mills classes into my routine, especially Body Attack!!! But I also love Body Pump and Body Combat. They are about to unleash GRIT, a new/crazy insane 30 minute Les Mills program that just plain scares and excites me at the same time. Feel free to add me!!!!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I love Les Mills! Trying desperatley to become an Instructor, but no gyms around here offer them. The one that does has a full roster of trainers:( Combat is the best!

Depending on how desperate you are, you could try to get a gym to add them. Are you pretty chummy with any members with a lot of pull, or gym managers? If you pitch a successful program well, they may pick it up.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I do bodypump and bodycombat. They're a lot of fun!
  • lolo641
    lolo641 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just started today, very excited..... Legs are a bit wobbaly though....
  • FiftyandGettingBetter
    Options
    New to Les....in fact we have yet to meet, but am looking forward to it. Any shout outs for the Core Workout?
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Les Mills instructor IN to check out thread!