All in my head?

Options
We've had a lovely stretch of warm weather which has me outside walking, cycling and doing stuff. The side effect is that I'm a lot hungrier than if I had been exercising inside.

Anyone else experience this or am I just mental?

Replies

• CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Fresh air makes one hungry. So I have always been led to believe. I don't know if it's actually true or if I feel hungry because I believe it.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    Options
    Do you eat any of your exercise calories back?
  • lucedwyer
    lucedwyer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've always believed its harder work doing cardio outside than doing the same thing on equipment in a gym, I guess it comes down to the gym maintaining a steady temperature through the aircon, while when you're outside your body is working harder to maintain your body temperature in the changing temperatures/enviroments (wind, heat, walking out of the shade and into the sun etc!)
  • lokihen
    lokihen Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Do you eat any of your exercise calories back?

Some on normal days, all during these warm days.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Are you eating foods that satisfy you, or following some sort of diet/plan?

Some people eat things they don't like to be "healthy", then wonder why they want something else to eat.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Cardio causes increased hunger. And yes I'm always starving after a hike or outdoor workout.
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Fresh air makes one hungry. So I have always been led to believe. I don't know if it's actually true or if I feel hungry because I believe it.

I've heard and experienced this too but I have no idea why it is. Maybe it's just that if you are outside you are probably being more active even if you don't realize it ? Im trying to remember if I am hungrier on days I'm outside and just laying around (ie going to the beach) . Anyone know if this is a thing ?
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I'm outside walking or running every single day. I don't think it makes a difference. I still lost 80 lbs.