Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Starting new Journey on March 4th

I will be starting a new weight loss and exercise journey on March 4th and you ask why wait until than well I had Foot Surgery and will not get my Stitches out until March 3rd. I will be also changing how I eat and what I eat and making sure I make healthy choices in order to meet my weight loss goal that I have set to hopefully meet at the end of the year now as for my daily exercise goal will be to workout 5 days a week at the gym doing different things each day and I will be creating a workout schedule that I will follow once I get my stitches out. I have great support at home as my husband is preparing for weight loss surgery and I will support him with his food choices just like he's been supporting me as I've been changing my habits slowly. If your looking for new friends please feel free to add me as I'm always looking for new friends to add to my fitness family.

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    I'd still start today. :smile:
    You can befall on your back and lose weight if you eat at a deficit.

Start now, add exercise when you can. You can support your husband more by dieting along side him.

Just my .02.

Good luck either way!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Yes I agree start now. That way you are a couple of weeks ahead of the game. Potentially you could be down 3-6 lbs by the time you get your stitches out.

Glad you are heading toward a healthier life and it is so nice to hear that you and your husband are supporting each other.

Good luck and remember it is a lifestyle change so take it slow and steady. Don't let little slip ups derail you, just keep going and you will get to your goal.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    As above have already said, get the eating right started now that's the most important aid to losing weight - the exercise can come when you're healed from the surgery and get the doctors go ahead.

All the best :smile:
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited February 2017
    I agree with all of the above.

Start tracking your calories now and add exercise once your stitches are out.
  • Missionmom17
    Missionmom17 Posts: 35 Member
    That's what I'm doing I'm going to start with food now and than exercise soon as I get my stitches out
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Yep start today then exercise when you are able to. Good luck