Went completely off track, need help.

Options
This weekend has been awful, temptations everywhere. I'm trying to get back on track but does anyone have any motivation to help me along?

Replies

• peanutbuttertuesday
    Options
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=-7K0I5Ql_qs

I did something similar recently and found this video. I thought it was inspiring because she admits all the awful crap she ate, but if you watch her videos after she totally nails it and loses more. It showed me not to beat myself up because I can do just like she did!

Maybe you can right now plan out the healthy breakfast you will have tomorrow to start your day off right? Focus on moving forward. :smile: We all have bad weeks/weekends sometimes. Life happens. Pizza happens. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to get back on track? That's your motivation!
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    One trick I use is to open the below thread and go through a couple pages each day.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1167854/photo-only-success-stories

Start at the very beginning, it doesn't matter that they are a couple years old, the pics will motivate you.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=-7K0I5Ql_qs

I did something similar recently and found this video. I thought it was inspiring because she admits all the awful crap she ate, but if you watch her videos after she totally nails it and loses more. It showed me not to beat myself up because I can do just like she did!

Maybe you can right now plan out the healthy breakfast you will have tomorrow to start your day off right? Focus on moving forward. :smile: We all have bad weeks/weekends sometimes. Life happens. Pizza happens. Tomorrow is a new day.

Omg that video!!...that is one BAD WEEK she had... jeez I don't think I've ever had a week that bad, if I did I would probably gain back all the weight I've lost!! I gain weight/fat super easily so just 1 day like that I'd be up in weight, I'd also feel terrible! I can't believe she went on & on & on day after day like that!!! But good also to know she came back from it and continued with her goals. She's super cute too.
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Just treat it as an opportunity to practice making this a life long thing, where there will inevitably be times you slip up
  • jbeth30
    jbeth30 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Your not alone! I have been off track every night for 4 days! I do great right up till bed but after I put my son in bed! I go over by lots and haven't even been tracking and being honest with myself when I do go over. I am going to treat myself to something non food related today. Be kind to myself. I think at the end of the day I am looking for something pleasurable because I don't give to myself enough during the day. Go do something that you enjoy! Have some fun that has nothing to do with food. Be kind to yourself. I don't know if it helps but I wanted you to know your not alone.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    My wake-up call was health issues. My motivation is "Not wanting another lymph edema flare-up that will result in weeks of antibiotics and daily visits from home-care nurses to change the dressing on my calf."

(In a nutshell, since I've mentioned this on a bunch of earlier threads, forcing my legs to carry significantly more weight than they should have caused refluxed veins/poor lower body circulation. This has impacted my lymphatic system. So now, I'm at risk for my legs to swell up and erupt in water blisters which need to get lanced and take forever to heal. Any cut or scratch on my leg stands a good chance at getting infected. The main treatment is compression stockings, but I've been told that losing weight will go a long way toward managing the condition. And it's not going to go away. It can only be controlled/managed.)

Also, I don't want to be the third person in my immediate family to need bariatric surgery and I'd like to avoid the Type II diabetes my father was diagnosed with (the surgery seems to have cured it, or, at least, he no longer needs medication for it). But those are sort of vague 'it could definitely happen to me' things. The circulation issues? Already are happening to me and I need to get a handle on my weight before it makes things even worse.