Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

coconut oil for weight loss any luck? Tell me your coconut oil story..Tips/advice

13»

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Coco oil also has other value. And it's also applied on the skin, if necessary.

When I was a kid, my grandmother would apply a hell lot of coconut oil on my head and I would sleep with it all night. It messes up pillows but hey.... guess who had wavy hair like roman busts all through teens and even now if it is let grown.... I have to cut it and keep it shorter and neatly combed coz of my desk job.

Anyway, I'd wake up in the morning and she would apply a half lemon and let it for a while and then shower it all off. Immense medicinal value for the hair. My sisters all over the country use this trick to this day without weird products from the store (in the old country, more bald men buy Pantene products than women, in the hopes of regrowing). Every one of them has hair that grows like a waterfall.

One disclosure though - all Roman busts for whom it was made... the original individuals were ugly SOBs but the busts were always cute and muscly, because you know.... it's highly like Augustus looked like the older Diego Maradona. Anything is possible when Romans are sculpting. If they come back and make a bust of me, it will be pretty accurate... except that brown marble is hard to find, well it doesn't exist. But I think that kind of misrepresentation is acceptable because of earthly sedimentation geo-physical laws. I need some french press coffee.

I just pour it on my *kitten*.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    cnurenasue wrote: »
    I think 3 tbsp. is excessive. That's almost enough calories for a meal. If you want to use coconut oil, I would just use one serving. I use 1 tbsp. to pop corn with if I have enough calories at the end of the day. Not so much for weight loss, just because it tastes good so it satisfies my craving.

@cnurenasue gonna try that... :wink:
  • Hellylu000
    Hellylu000 Posts: 28 Member
    salembambi wrote: »
    It adds a ton of calories to your day

I rather just rub it all over my bod and use it in my hair

Be careful. Made my hair awful and break off at ends. I've researched and many are protein resistant
  • It's a fabulous hair conditioner.