Weight loss support for those with chronic debilitating health issues

Options
2»

Replies

• anya62
    anya62 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi mrspete! Congratulations on your weight loss! I hadn't even given wheat consumption a thought. I will definitely research it. How much wheat dd you eat before? I usually have 1 slice of Oat nut or other whole grain bread a day, oatmeal a couple of times a week, potato or rice twice a week and maybe a graham cracker as a snack which spread out over a week doesn't seem like a lot to me. Anyway, I will definitely look into the wheat/gluten factor. Thanks for posting.

• anya62
    Options
    Does any one else have some one trying to sabotage their weight loss? I have asked and asked my husband to stop buying me candy and other things he knows I like to no avail. I have discussed with him that if I don't lose some weight he will lose me sooner rather than later. I'm on oxygen and this extra weight is killing me. But he just doesn't get it. ( or maybe that's what he wants?) Seriously my husband is a big man and doesn't control his eating at all. He eats what ever he wants, especially candy. I think he feels guilty for not taking control of his diet and health when he sees me losing weight so he brings home things I like. I try to leave it alone as much as I can but in those weak moments when I am down or stressed I can't stay away from it. Like today....but the good news is I planned my meals and logged them for today and was able to work in the treat and not go over the calories. This whole situation is so frustrating!

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I hope no one takes this wrong way, but here is another way to think about your challenges. You can use them to stop you from reaching your goals or you can use them as motivation to make progress. That's what someone pointed out to me one day when they said, "You've used your challenges as a reason to make changes, rather than as excuses not to change." Well, I did use them as excuses not to move, not to change for 20 years. I paid the price. That plan did not make things better. I finally decided that I had to make changes if I wanted to survive, so I started working with a trainer and took control of my eating and activity level. I decided I would push through as much as I was physically able, which is much more than I ever would have thought possible. My original goal was to walk 1 mile without stopping, within 1 year. I figured if I could do that, I could get out and do things with my husband. I accomplished that within a few months and now I can hike 10 miles with hills with no problems. It's been a long slow road but today at 62 I'm at a healthy weight, in the best shape of my life, and able to do things I once had given hope of ever doing again. My life and my body are not perfect, but I'm in a much better place than I was 4 years ago. Remember, there's always someone with a challenge bigger than yours and there's always someone like that who is conquering it.
  • anya62
    Options
    lorrph thanks for your input and congratulations on your improved health. I totally agree with using my challenges to motivate me to make progress. I guess I am just where you were for 20 years and haven't yet reached the point when I am ready to make the change. The other thing for me is that I have done it before and then turned around and gone right back where I was to begin with.
  • anya62
    Options
    Here we go again. :/ Did well for 2 weeks and now have blown it for the past 2 days. At least I recorded all that I ate but went over the calories and sodium each day. Hope I can do better tomorrow. I don't know why I do this to myself! :'(
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Good job recording everything you are. Now just keep moving forward, you have 2 weeks if success to build on. 14 out of 16 days is great!