How to workout to lose weight

Hi all, I'm new to the community, I've put on a lot of weight suddenly, and I'd like to ask for advice about how to exercise to lose weight.
I get bulky rather easily when I lift weights and I'm a very short woman so that looks and feels awful. How do you exercise to drop weight and mass without putting on muscle weight?

Replies

• Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    This may come off as blunt but it's not intended that way, I'm just a sort of to the point sort!

1. Fork put downs. Exercise is for health, aesthetics and more calories to eat. You need to be in a calorie deficit to lose weight.
    2. You do not get bulky. It's a really hard thing for women to put on muscle, even with optimum genetics and optimum training (progressive overload strength training) and a calorie surplus women can be blessed to gain 0.5-1lb of muscle per month.
    3. Muscle makes you look darn good, you want to preserve it.
    4. So put your stats into MFP (if you give us those we can advise what you should aim for weekly loss wise), log accurately, honestly and consistently and you will see the results you want.

This ^
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    You need to concentrate on your food intake. Eating less than you burn is how you lose weight.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    This may come off as blunt but it's not intended that way, I'm just a sort of to the point sort!

1. Fork put downs. Exercise is for health, aesthetics and more calories to eat. You need to be in a calorie deficit to lose weight.
    2. You do not get bulky. It's a really hard thing for women to put on muscle, even with optimum genetics and optimum training (progressive overload strength training) and a calorie surplus women can be blessed to gain 0.5-1lb of muscle per month.
    3. Muscle makes you look darn good, you want to preserve it.
    4. So put your stats into MFP (if you give us those we can advise what you should aim for weekly loss wise), log accurately, honestly and consistently and you will see the results you want.
    bef69c03e67162eb936d80d7f43f90ae.gif
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Eat less eat less and then do about 30-45 minutes of cardio and weights .:..