i hope this isn't considered inappropriate....

i hope this isn't considered inappropriate, but i have a question. i know that when you put in your profile it does deduct cals for your everyday things. but what about **x?:blushing: doesn't it burn cals? do you count it or not. and what if you do more housework than normal or something? like now that it is spring like i aam into spring cleaning more and i will be digging and gardening soon. so how does that work?

Replies

• wagsgirls
    wagsgirls Posts: 144 Member
    i hope this isn't considered inappropriate, but i have a question. i know that when you put in your profile it does deduct cals for your everyday things. but what about **x?:blushing: doesn't it burn cals? do you count it or not. and what if you do more housework than normal or something? like now that it is spring like i aam into spring cleaning more and i will be digging and gardening soon. so how does that work?
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    That isn't a problem for some of us....:sad:

lol. :blushing:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    You can check out caloriesperhour.com they list everything - including sex :laugh: I personally don't add sex as exercise - just count that as a bonus! - but other things like gardening and lawn work, if it is outside of my ordinary routine and is any real length of time - not just 5 or 10 mins - I add it. A lot is already here but if it's not calories per hour is great! Have fun!!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    LOL

I wondered that too. Housecleaning IS in there, although I don't count it in my calories unless I'm going some insane cleaning. Sex DOES burn calories...... I guess if you're having really insane sex you could put it under intense cardio... not sure :laugh:
  • MontanaGirl
    That isn't a problem for some of us....:sad:

lol. :blushing:

Is that why you're hiking so much???? Trying to burn off excess energy? Don't worry, you're going to be so hot you'll have to fight the girls off with a stick :happy:
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    yes they all burn cals but i just think of them as a bonus!!!:laugh:
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    If we are talking about that subject.... would the calories be different if it was alone :blushing:
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    I never count sex, cleaning, walking at the mall, etc.

If I count sex and all the other things that I do on a day to day basis, I'll become a calorie counting junkie. Before I hop in bed with my man I don't want to say, "hold on one second, I need to get my heart rate monitor." :blushing:
  • MontanaGirl
    Probably Carolbug - I believe it is listed that way on caloriesperhour.com though. You should check it out - that has such a huge list of activities and you input your height and weight, etc., so it is pretty accurate on the calculation!

I guess they just list light, moderate or vigorous :laugh:
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    I count sex... it's not an EVERYDAY activity for most... so it's "exercise"! Haha. :tongue:

Type in Sexual Intercourse into Exercise... sex burns approx. 150 calories per 30 minutes.
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    sex? whats that :laugh:
    j~
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    It's been so long I forgot how to spell it :laugh:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    ok that's it, I'm switching my daily workouts to 1 hour of vigorous sex daily. lol :laugh: I'd burn just as many calories that way
  • jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    That's cool you asked...because actually, I did put that in the search box...and got the preverbially, "NOT FOUND." I was like...hmmmm....well, "I" found it...why can't this place? LOL! Just kidding. It does burn calories. I see that "cleaning" is on here...there's mild to moderate and then there's vigorous....maybe...depending on the kind of *** you had...you can classify it as "cleaning" instead...since it's here and really...I bet you work the same amount of calories.

Don't be ashamed to ask...cuz if you're thinking it....more than likely someone else here has too...

Very good question. Hope my answer helps. I haven't read what everyone else said...so sorry if this is a repeat.

Cheers!

:flowerforyou:
  • jaxkipi
    You can check out caloriesperhour.com they list everything - including sex :laugh: I personally don't add sex as exercise - just count that as a bonus! - but other things like gardening and lawn work, if it is outside of my ordinary routine and is any real length of time - not just 5 or 10 mins - I add it. A lot is already here but if it's not calories per hour is great! Have fun!!

Oh how cool is that?? Love the website suggestion...going there now to check it out...THANKS!

:wink:
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    I count sex... it's not an EVERYDAY activity for most... so it's "exercise"! Haha. :tongue:

Type in Sexual Intercourse into Exercise... sex burns approx. 150 calories per 30 minutes.

30 minutes! Wow, I haven't done that in awhile. More like 3 minutes. :laugh:
  • jaxkipi
    OMG.....you guys are a hoot. Laughing at all of you!

Someone said that they don't count walking in the mall, ***, or cleaning...I do...because everything counts. I'm not very active, so to me...anything gets counted.

I've managed to loose 20 pounds, so I must be doing something right.

:noway: :tongue: :laugh: :wink:
  • eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Did anyone else hear about this within the past few days--that the typical length of sex was somewhere between 7 and 13 minutes (not including foreplay)? I'd love to read the article.:blushing:

I wonder what counts as "vigorous"--are we talking swings and hangin from the ceiling???? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • You guys are killing me!!
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Ok, I guess I will volunteer to test this...taking applications for a scientific partner....in the interest of the community I of course...:happy:

Ok....that was inappropriate, many apologies...:bigsmile: