Patronus of Weight Loss Motivation Positivity

Options
I have been around for a while but never really talked to people. I've been doing a renewed attempt at weight loss since December and am keeping my expectations small but efforts more sustained.

As a vegetarian who does not eat eggs, I am greatly confused about keto diet and would love it if someone could enlighten me.

Otherwise, just sending positive vibes and impulse control mantras out into this community.

:)

Replies

• alishajoachim
    alishajoachim Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I follow a keto diet and since January (with a few slip ups) I am down 16 lbs. The diet itself is relatively easy and I actually carb cycle to kick myself out once a week. For the first week I did 20 net carbs a day no more, since then I've played around with it to see how many I can consume to keep myself in ketosis. I can take in around 45 net carbs a day and keep myself in. My macros aren't set aren't carbs - 5%, protein - 35-40%, fats - 55-60% and my calories I keep around 1500 calories and crossfit for exercise.

The diet itself - A LOT of veggies are lean meats. No rice, pasta, or starchy veggies. I limit beans to 1 time a week if I do eat them and only eat them on a day I workout. If you need sweets dark chocolate, cool whip, sugar free pudding those are great to curb that craving. As for fruits basically ONLY berries.
  • alishajoachim
    alishajoachim Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I also just saw that your a vegetarian. Tofu is low carb and you may be able to add in beans more often.
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    You really need to like Tofu I guess. Definitely not easy.

qp31hza6lr3y.png