Women who are married or engaged?

Options
2»

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I just got engaged on May 3rd :-)

My fiance is currently living 45 minutes away and taking care of his mother who is dying and on hospice :-/ That means we do not see one another from Sunday evening until Friday evening.

On May 3 (a Friday evening) my fiance called to tell me he was on his way but we needed to do something first. Sorry for TMI but we usually get straight into bed when he arrives on Friday because we're dying to be together. This time I wondered what we needed to do and I felt a little bit worried. I had been off work for about an hour and taken a quick bath so I was in glorified pajamas...floral print cotton lounge pants and a t-shirt. I expected to put on nice clothes once I knew what it was we needed to do.

When he walked in the front door of my house, we immediately started kissing as usual. Then he suddenly got down on one knee, right in the middle of my living room, and he was very shaky. He pulled the ring box out of his pants pocket and asked me if I'd marry him...still very shaky. Silly me, I said, "HOLY SH** is this really happening right now?! YES!!!" Then lots of yes yes yes and we both cried like babies and kissed each other etc. Finally whilst kissing & crying, I put the ring on and tossed the box onto a chair.
  • BunniPage
    BunniPage Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I had a miscarriage and my hubby proposed with his Grandma's ring when I woke up from surgery :)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    On the balcony of our townhouse, after climbing a ladder, while dressed as Luigi (I was dressed as Mario) in front of all our friends at our Halloween party, some of whom were holding giant bunches of flowers.

Our first kiss as an engaged couple was whilst wearing fake moustaches.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Should have gone to Vegas
    Should have for sure. Elvis marrying us would be quite the memory!

We got married in Vegas by Elvis in May this year, it was a blast!!!!