Would you kill a buffalo for food?

Options

Replies

• Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    bison meat is sold in grocery stores here. so you wouldn't have to actually kill one yourself.

so how do you feel about moving MCD?
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Buffalo are still endangered, aren't they?

I would absolutely kill animals myself for food, but I'm in favor of Pleistocene rewilding, so probably not an actual buffalo.

no. there are commercial operations that raise them for their meat. i think Ted Turner even owns the largest such ranch in Montana.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I would. I would totally kill a buffalo for a famous star style 6 dollar burger right now. No hesitation.

I have killed buffalo, cow/bull, lamb, goat, chicken and camel so far for food and ate them. With my own hands. Is this uncommon like this thread suggests?

Well you've got me on the camel, taunto, but I have slaughtered and butchered several critters for the nutrition of me and my family...how about elk?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I'd smack my mama for some NJ pizza right now. But she's in Jersey.. with the pizza!:grumble:

I'd hump a dog's leg for a western bacon style 6 dollar burger.

ETA: out of all the awesomely diverse answers in this thread...she ^gets me! So wonder why she's not on my FL?
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    How could anyone kill an innocent, peaceful creature like a buffalo.... They are so majestic and yeah sorry couldn't say that with a straight face.... lol Yeah I'm in for the killing of the buffalo...... when do we eat...... :drinker:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    bison meat is sold in grocery stores here. so you wouldn't have to actually kill one yourself.

so how do you feel about moving MCD?

actually i don't have to. a local place i frequent has buffalo burgers on the menu i don't even have to cook. now that i have everyone's endorsement maybe I'll be "game" one day to try it. Get it? Game? I kill me.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    But baby buffalo...they so cuuuuute. :<
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options

Just wait until they are big and ugly, more meat that way anyway. MMMMMM meat!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I'd flash all of MFP for a Five Guys burger right now with extra extra A1 and bacon.
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options

Well you've got me on the camel, taunto, but I have slaughtered and butchered several critters for the nutrition of me and my family...how about elk?

Am I the only one that read that as "Well you've got me on the camel toe"?
  • salt160
    salt160 Posts: 44
    Options
    Hells yeah! With my trust bow and arrow!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Fish (bluegill, catfish, bass) are the only animals I've personally killed and ate.

I could probably hunt for food, but not raise it to eat it. I'd get too attached. I'm thankful for farmers who do the dirty work for me. I don't even like when butchered meat still looks like the animal it once was. (IE, a whole chicken. Or the one store that sometimes has rabbit.) I know that makes me a total hypocrite, but I'm ok with that.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    MCD would flash for a burger, hump a dog's leg for a burger, and kill a buffalo... Hmmm
    Is this a game like what would you do for food?

If yes,
    I would sing karaoke for a beer....
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I'd flash all of MFP for a Five Guys burger right now with extra extra A1 and bacon.

If you say they're better than In&Out I will personally fly it to you.
  • JeffTCole
    JeffTCole Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    There is a Bison ranch less than 20 miles from where I live. We get fresh bison several times a month. It is good. Almost as good as bacon.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options

Am I the only one that read that as "Well you've got me on the camel toe"?

...but would you kill a camel toe for food?
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options

Am I the only one that read that as "Well you've got me on the camel toe

...but would you kill a camel toe for food?

Nah, I'm a lover not a fighter. I eat them for fun, not for food.
  • lostdogg
    lostdogg Posts: 450 Member
    Options

Just wait until they are big and ugly, more meat that way anyway. MMMMMM meat!

Go meat :flowerforyou:
  • debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Depends how hungry I was, a buffalo is a small snack
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Buffalo are still endangered, aren't they?

I would absolutely kill animals myself for food, but I'm in favor of Pleistocene rewilding, so probably not an actual buffalo.

no. there are commercial operations that raise them for their meat. i think Ted Turner even owns the largest such ranch in Montana.

Yep, which started Ted's Montana Grill... I think he owns most of Montana hahaha.

Best bison dish I've had aside from a burger were bison pot stickers at Montana Ale Works in Bozeman, MT. Sooooo yummy.