Carb Cycling Week 1

Hey everyone! I am trying out Chris Powell's "Carb Cycling" program from his new book and I am happy to report that I love 5.5 lbs after 5 days of following along with it. Has anyone else had success with it? I started last Monday and weighed in on Saturday, since Saturday are my "reward" days. I will be interested in seeing how I do after a full week. :)

Replies

• ferra11
    ferra11 Posts: 18 Member
    I haven't but am very interested in carb cycling....do you like it so far? Is it easy to follow?
  • activefatgirl
    activefatgirl Posts: 107 Member
    I would love to jump on board with Chris's program (I love him so much) But I find it very confusing when I read about it.... and because of this I don't understand what I need to do. Maybe you could help me to understand it. thanks Dianna :)
  • mpeace1406
    mpeace1406 Posts: 76 Member
    I've found the program to be really easy to stick to. His book is kind of confusing because he doesn't say specifically how many carbs you are allowed to eat on low carb and high carb days, but basically this is what the "turbo" cycle looks like for me:

Low-Carb (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday)
    Breakfast- A carb (whole wheat bread or/fruit) and protein (egg whites with spinach/ or a protein shake) and I usually have some low fat cheese
    AM snack- almonds or other nuts (a protein)
    Lunch- (protein and fat and vegetable) I usually have a salad with vegetables and chicken with some light dressing
    Afternoon snack- fat free plain greek yogurt with some carrots
    Dinner- Protein with a fat and vegetables - I've been having a meat with vegetables and cheese or something

On high carb days you basically can have a carb with every meal, which can be bread, brown rice, fruit, ect.

On Saturday I have a reward day where I can have anything I want wtihin reason. Sunday is a high carb day. Then everything resets on Monday. I would definitely suggest checking out the book!!
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    So is that hard based on looking at your mfp macro numbers ? That's what seems tough, many times I look at my fats, for example, to try to figure out what to eat the rest of the day.....I would love to follow this , . I just know know how that would work out so I'm doing low carb/high fat ..need to learn to cycle though. Good luck !!!!
  • kristarablue2
    kristarablue2 Posts: 386 Member
    bump
  • healthyfitjenn
    healthyfitjenn Posts: 36 Member
    I just finished my 2nd week, and I love it so far! I'm also doing Turbo, and Saturdays are my Reward Day as well.

I've lost 7.3 pounds in two weeks! :)
  • emmalousmom1
    emmalousmom1 Posts: 121 Member
    I've found the program to be really easy to stick to. His book is kind of confusing because he doesn't say specifically how many carbs you are allowed to eat on low carb and high carb days, but basically this is what the "turbo" cycle looks like for me:

Low-Carb (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday)
    Breakfast- A carb (whole wheat bread or/fruit) and protein (egg whites with spinach/ or a protein shake) and I usually have some low fat cheese
    AM snack- almonds or other nuts (a protein)
    Lunch- (protein and fat and vegetable) I usually have a salad with vegetables and chicken with some light dressing
    Afternoon snack- fat free plain greek yogurt with some carrots
    Dinner- Protein with a fat and vegetables - I've been having a meat with vegetables and cheese or something

On high carb days you basically can have a carb with every meal, which can be bread, brown rice, fruit, ect.

On Saturday I have a reward day where I can have anything I want wtihin reason. Sunday is a high carb day. Then everything resets on Monday. I would definitely suggest checking out the book!!
    can you open your diary, or can we add you to see how it works, do you stay in your MfP calories, what is your carb count on the low days and on the high days??
    Louise
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    I would think that ur current carb(g) is considered high. So I would drop it by 50 or more on the low days