Getting enough protein

Options
Believe it or not, the hardest part for me (aside from getting enough calories) is getting enough protein without getting too much fat. So in order to hopefully remedy both issues I'm going to attempt substituting a higher protein shake (60 grams) as a meal as opposed to my usual shake that has only 20 grams. Hopefully this helps :)

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,866 Member
    Options
    Without disputing the value of protein shakes, an additional tip from the "43 years a vegetarian" playbook: Get some protein from many different things throughout your day, in all categories - drinks, snacks, veggies, etc.

This thread is pure gold for anyone who needs more protein:

Carbs and Fats are cheap. Here's a Guide to getting your PROTEIN's worth. Fiber also...
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Why don't you just choose lower fat sources of protein?

I add most of my fat, as I use leaner protein sources - predominantly chicken breast, kangaroo, white fish, egg whites (with some whole eggs), low fat dairy.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    What is enough, what is too much? Food is not the enemy. Lots of good protein sources are packed with delicious and nutritious fat. Too little fat and boring food makes us crave better food, and when we are or feel deprived, we aren't always prone to make the best choices.