My gold is lose 20 Lb a month. Very determined

Options
I am tired about my weigth, and worries about my health. ..
1200 calories a day
30 min walk
No sugar
No fast food
No soda
No bread /tortilla
3 meals a day 3 snacks

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    If your genuinely worried for your health, you will rethink 20lb a month. That is not a healthy goal.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    No.

2 pounds per week is the maximum (though you may lose more the first week due to water weight loss).

0.5 to 1 pound per week is more reasonable.
  • jadeh218
    jadeh218 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Maybe aim for 5lb? SO much better to hit a goal and beat a goal than to fail dismally.

I'd recommend changing your goals to positives too. And up the calories!

Things like:
    *eat 5 serves of vegetables
    *complete a self care routine daily
    *exercise with a friend

etc

Quick fixes don't work. You might drive yourself into the ground and lose 20lb this month, but it won't be sustainable. Chances are it won't be sustainable for more than a week. Choose little habits and focus on those. Baby steps will mean that things will stick for life.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,090 Member
    Options
    Echoing what others have said - set your goal to at most 2lb a week - and then only if you have quite a lot to lose

maybe somebody can post that table of how much is good to aim for depending on how much you have to lose?

At any rate slow and steady is the way to success - and unless you are older (which you are not, it says you are 38) shorter, petite, sedentary - 1200 is too low for you.
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I've lost 10 -15lbs this month (daily fluctuations)

I FEEL like CRAP

My loss wasn't intentional (I had aimed for 5lbs loss) but I got my heart broken and am a complete mess.

You will crash, burn, and probably binge.

Then the guilt- restrict cycle will start over.

Please do it sensibly. You don't want to feel like this.

Shattered for u Nicole:-( (in regards to the heartbreak) situations similar to me. Stay strong!!!! Love yrself and don't miss out on life!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    well.. look. sounds like you're fed up. But 1200 calories a day is the lowest acceptable amount of calories you should eat a day, and many people on here do that. Most of us here know from experience that diets like this result in crash and burn and regain for sure.

But if you eat healthy good foods and that.. you'll lose. Now, will it be 20 pounds? I don't know. Good luck.. I wish you well and mostly wish you well in finding balance and a healthy relationship with food.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,206 Member
    Options
    Abbycesar wrote: »
    1200 calories a day
    30 min walk

Sorry but you won't likely lose 20 lbs/month doing that.

However, you might lose 8 lbs. :)

• bigtiger60
    bigtiger60 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid I'm with everyone else on this. Better to set yourself a target of 2lbs a week and stick at it for a few months if your target is 20lbs. If you can change your fitness regime and eating habits for 10 weeks it will be harder to slip back into old habits. Plus with a target of 4-5lbs a week, a couple of bad days in a week and you will be fighting to catch up which will only cause stress which will spiral into binge eating - been there, done that, have the XXXL T-shirt.

As for you two, @nicholajaneryan and @kq1981 give it time and you'll realize they weren't worth it esp. when they see the new, slim-line version of you, they'll soon see what they missed out on.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    How heavy are you and how much do you have to lose?

Weight loss is a long game and you don't get success by taking time out from living your normal life to "go on a diet". You get success by tweaking your normal life so that you lose weight while doing the things you want to do and getting on with being you. That generally means losing at a slow rate, and not cutting things out of your diet unnecessarily. You need to be able to enjoy life while losing weight.

Face it - whatever you do to lose weight, you're going to have to keep doing to some extent to keep it off, and that lasts a lifetime. So don't white-knuckle it. Create a weight loss plan that you can keep up forever without getting tired of it.
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    bigtiger60 wrote: »
    I'm afraid I'm with everyone else on this. Better to set yourself a target of 2lbs a week and stick at it for a few months if your target is 20lbs. If you can change your fitness regime and eating habits for 10 weeks it will be harder to slip back into old habits. Plus with a target of 4-5lbs a week, a couple of bad days in a week and you will be fighting to catch up which will only cause stress which will spiral into binge eating - been there, done that, have the XXXL T-shirt.

As for you two, @nicholajaneryan and @kq1981 give it time and you'll realize they weren't worth it esp. when they see the new, slim-line version of you, they'll soon see what they missed out on.

Exactly my thinking:-)
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders
    a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal. A growing list of support resources can be found in our Eating Disorder Resources page.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    JustSomeEm
This discussion has been closed.