still feeling bad....

Options
Only this time it's because I know I haven't done well, but it doesn't help that my fiancé is taking a picture of my stomach, while I am sitting here, bc he apparently doesn't think I know I am fat.

I am trying, it's hard, and I don't need him making me feel worse. I haven't done as well as I would have hoped, but for him to stoop that low hurts. really really hurts.

Replies

• PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    I'm confused. He took a picture of you and you think it's because he's trying to document how large you are?

I think you're projecting.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Is he being a jerk or just trying to be funny? Either way it sucks, but is he really trying to make you feel badly? He asked you to marry him right?
  • Rilzy
    Rilzy Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Did he tell you that he was taking a photo of you so that you could see how fat you are?
  • bakingforlife
    bakingforlife Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Heres one for you ,he told me to suck my gut in .why ?......sounds silly but have no idea why he would come sit down by me and then say that!!!!
  • PepperWorm
    Options
    Soooo why are you choosing to marry him again?

If he's being verbally abusive toward you about your weight, methinks it's time to drop him.
  • kherrons
    kherrons Posts: 99 Member
    Options

If he's being verbally abusive toward you about your weight, methinks it's time to drop him.

^^ this. Never settle just because you don't thinks you'll ever do better. I would have smacked that ***hole in the throat.
  • greatwestescape
    Options
    You need to tell him outright that it really hurts your self esteem when he does things like that. Confront him and stand your ground. Sometimes people don't realize they are being jerks because to them, something like weight has never been an issue or concern. If he cares about you, he will apologize and make you feel better. If you brood about it, and talk about it to everyone else except him, you can't expect anything to change!
  • Rilzy
    Rilzy Posts: 59 Member
    Options

^^ this. Never settle just because you don't thinks you'll ever do better. I would have smacked that ***hole in the throat.

This is why I asked the OP to tell us if he specifically said he was doing this. There's also the chance that she is projecting.
  • greatwestescape
    Options
    +1

This is why I asked the OP to tell us if he specifically said he was doing this. There's also the chance that she is projecting.
  • splutschak
    splutschak Posts: 17
    Options
    you need a man who will love you no matter what!!! through thick and thin! you deserve SO much better!
  • PepperWorm
    Options
    Redacted!

I need to learn how to read names.
  • kherrons
    Options
    My response was to the sucking in the gut part. To me that doesn't sound acceptable for any reason. I completely believe some women have a lot of things going on that are "only in their heads."
  • kherrons
    Options

She just described how he tells her to suck in her gut. Thus why I waited to say anything drastic. :flowerforyou:

+1
  • PepperWorm
    Options
    Herrons, we got the wrong chick!

:laugh:
  • kherrons
    Options
    Herrons, we got the wrong chick!

:laugh:

I take back all I said and now I'm going to get my *** off these boards cause clearly I can't read and have a bad case of foot in mouth :laugh: but for the girl who said the gut thing, seriously, smack him in the throat
  • Kkangel21
    Kkangel21 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    he took the pic bc he thought i was gaining again. He wanted to help me see for myself i was looking large again. So frustrated. But it apparently wasn't malcious.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • HerpDerp745
    HerpDerp745 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    It sounds like he's really worried about you. How much have you let yourself go?
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Men sometimes have weird ways of showing that they are concerned. Sometimes they are not the most sensitive, but most of the time well intentioned. Maybe that's what is happening here?

And well some of them are just idiots.
  • Kkangel21
    Kkangel21 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    we have been together 13 yrs, i have had 3 kids with him. I went from 125 when we met / 22
    to 60 lbs heavier.

It is his way of being concerned i guess.