Slow losers, come join me!

Options
2»

Replies

• FelinaDC
    FelinaDC Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm soooo slow because I do great during the week and then tend to go crazy on the weekends. I've upped my exercise to try and balance that out and next goal is to track everything (yes even on the weekends). My scale has not moved for literally 3 weeks....correction it has not moved in the right direction for weeks :D
  • zoec123
    zoec123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I hit an all time high of ridiculous 239 lbs last summer & have slowly been (half heartedly) trying to lose weight. Started in earnest this week at 238lbs, and so far have religiously stuck to meal planning, recording on MFP to ensure i stick to calories - never really counted them before, and have gone swimming 3 times this week (not easy with a rotator cuff injury).

I have a goal date of 6th August, as we're then off on a roadtrip across the US, starting in Texas, then across to New Orleans & then Pensacola & Atlanta in Georgia. I'll be meeting some of my Husbands family that i haven't met in person before. I dont want to be a fat sweaty mess in the Texan heat!

Not sure how much weight it's possible to sensibly lose, but if I can drop potentially 3 dress sizes, i'll be a lot happier than i am now
  • gingerrspice1
    gingerrspice1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a slow weight loss myself -- Nothing too rapid. I don't actually have all that much to lose myself, but I don't want to get too carried away either. I've also noticed that the slower the loss, the more manageable the dieting is for me.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    i'm almost a year in and my trend is overall 0.36 pounds per week. it sucks to be a slow loser sometimes but it does mean that in a year i've gone down 20 pounds and that's better than none.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I lost very slowly at first, but not intentionally. I just could never lose as fast as I should have based on calorie calculations. For the first 2+ years, I lost about 0.24 lbs. per week on average. I see other users saying 0.5 or 1 lb. per week is slow and I'm jealous.
  • Pooshka2
    Pooshka2 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Add me to the pound a week club. I started in January with an 80-pound loss goal, which would put me June '18.

I'd rather lose slowly with a change in eating habits that'll stick with me for life than lose it quickly by dieating, reach goal early, stop the diet and gain it all back.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Very slow loser but sticking with it 1275 days logged and 50lb loss!!! Thats slow
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Very slow loser but sticking with it 1275 days logged and 50lb loss!!! Thats slow

I'm pretty close to that, though my days logged counter has reset a couple times when out in the wilderness for extended periods (and also back when there was a glitch where logging in from mobile didn't always count).
  • ChefAlexis
    ChefAlexis Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Being in my 30's I'm lucky to lose 3lb a month and that's with a STRICT diet. I'm about to add you!
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'm lucky if I lose .5-1 lb a week. I've cut out fast food, weigh and measure everything I consume and started walking on the treadmill again.