SlimQuik

Options
Has anybody tried SlimQuik for woman(I think that's how its spelled)?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Like all other fat burners, it's worthless. All the good fat burners are illegal as they mess with metabolism. If you want to lose fat, you need a calorie deficit.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Weight loss shakes aren't going to be real popular around here. It makes sense if you think about it. This website is designed for people to measure & log foods......weight loss shakes are designed for you to skip all that "nonsense."

My experience with weight loss shakes was this (Slim Fast) - hungry all the time - got tired of same thing over & over - lost weight - learned nothing - gained all the weight back.

There really are no short cuts. Measuring & logging foods is how we figure out what we are doing wrong. Measuring & logging foods helps us when we get to maintenance.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Wow, they make quite some claims. Like 3 x the weight lost for two people on the same 1350 a day calorie intake. I'd like to see that study! But I'm going to call manipulation of the facts because it's been proven that the quantity of green tea you'd have to consume (even if the "fat burning" component was able to be isolated and extracted) vast amounts for a minimal effect.
  • laurens47
    laurens47 Posts: 117 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Like all other fat burners, it's worthless. All the good fat burners are illegal as they mess with metabolism. If you want to lose fat, you need a calorie deficit.

This.

• extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    If it puts you into a calorie deficit you'll lose weight. But you won't lose any more than if you ate the same number of calories of any other food or protein shake.
  • BeardSense2017
    BeardSense2017 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Calories in calories out. Save your money and just track with MFP
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Save your money and do it right.............................the Slim slow approach- calorie deficit on a consistent basis.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,087 Member
    Options
    Here is the first review I read on the customer review page https://www.walmart.com/reviews/product/15160384 - remembering this is a positive review rating the product highly.....

I am usualy sceptical about all diet products, but this one gives you a diest and recipes along with excersizes and an online web site that helps you report your weight loss and gives you moral support and encouragement a long with suggestive tips. I used this product first time and lost 12 lbs in three weeks. No diet works if you do not put an effort into it, However, with the recipes that they give you they have gave me a healthy life change in what foods I choose to eat. I love this this product and it has been great for me, I would recommend it to any one. But mindyou any diets or life style change has to take an effort from you, if you don't try it is not going to work. You can not blame a product if you buy it and let it sit on the shelf or if you do not follow the directions. I think this is a great product also because I 'm a female who is 48 and going through hormonal changes, This product really eliminated the hot flashes, bloating and swelling I was going through. A+ is my grade for this product.

Strikes me one could save one's money and just try low calorie recipes, healthy life style change and exercise and get moral support and encouragement on MFP without buying the capsules.

Because obviously it is the above which is really working for weight loss, not the placebo capsules.