Starting for scratch... INTRODUCTION...

Options
mayadgr8
mayadgr8 Posts: 2 Member
edited February 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone! My name is Maya from Chicago. I'm 42 years old and I have decided to finally lose weight because I had my annual physical 2/7 and got my results on 2/14 and my doctor said I am at the pre-diabetic stage and I need to lose weight. She also mentioned that she has a weight loss/control program in her office and she asked if I was interested so I said yes. She then gave me a shot of B12 for energy and a list of foods to eat and stay away from along with a vitamin B6, an appetite suppressant, a laxative, and a water pill. I have been taking the vitamin B6 everyday and the laxative and water pill every other day. I tried the appetite suppressant for 2 days and when I looked up the side effects, I was not interested in it so I quit taking the appetite suppressant. I figured people can lose weight naturally and i don't want to feel those side effects on me. My doctor says it's safe but I don't want to suppress my appetite. I will just have to control my eating on my own. So basically the list of food she wants me to have is high in protein and no carbs for the next 3 months. She said I will lose a drastic amount of weight then I will reach a plateau and I will need to re-introduce the carbs slowly back in my system. I am not allowed to have any bread, rice, pasta, & potatoes of any sort, bananas, grapes. I am on day 6 now and I have lost about 8 lbs. I am about to start doing some walking aerobic exercise and start 20 minutes a day and work my way up to 1 hour. My highest weight I reached and started was from 241.1 on 2/7. I am now at 232 lbs. as of today 2/20. My goal weight is 120 lbs because I am 5'2". Since I have to lose 120 lbs, I am breaking that down by 3. So my short term goal for now is 200 lbs. and when I reach that my next goal will be 160 and thereafter is 120 lbs. I hope by being in this community I will be able to have support in reaching my goals. Thanks for reading and I'm really excited to continue my journey with this community!

Replies

• cherylhobby
    cherylhobby Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm from the Chicago area. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • HopeTracker
    HopeTracker Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Please add me :)
    This app is very motivating.
  • bichon28328
    bichon28328 Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hello Maya. My name is Debra and i'm from North Carolina. I'm 55 years old. I have had 4 back surgeries and 2 neck surgeries and i have fibromyalgia also. I weigh 241 lbs as of this morning and i'm only 5'1". I was a truck driver for 18 years and i was pretty active. Then i started having back problems and i had to stop. That was about 10 years ago. So with all the surgeries and not being able to get out and do like i use to i gained the weight. It seems every time i try to lose weight i would only lose only a pound or two. I have never been on a low carb high protein diet before so i said it's time to try it. I also have a lot of stomach issues sine i have had my gallbladder taken out and it is no fun, let me tell you.. I'm looking for some support on this journey and to get my health back in shape. I am also on facebook if you would like to add me on there too.

How do i add somebody as a friend on here? This is my first time on here. Maybe we can stay in contact with each other as well as others and take this journey together. I'm glad t be apart of this community.