Pregnant setting

Is there a way to compensate for being pregnant? Or should I stop using this app?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    There isn't. You can still log your food though, just speak with your doctor about an appropriate calorie goal for each trimester.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    You could try to switch your goal to gain a .5/1 lb a week depending on how much you need to gain. I started off at 122 last time, and did maintenance calories after I entered the second trimester since I don't weigh/measure my food - ended up gaining 23 out of the 25 lbs my midwife told me to gain. :)

Congrats on your pregnancy!
  • Kairalie
    Kairalie Posts: 90 Member
    I'm in the same boat, just know you need 200-300 more calories a day while pregnant than your reg maintence calories. :) And then afterwards if breastfeeding you need anywhere from 300-500 extra a day. I started back using the app today (6.5 months pregnant) and aim to eat 250 ish over what is recommended. And yes speak to a doctor before doing it, I did and he ok'd it for me. Just be safe :) Eat healthy foods and honestly wont need to log or anything.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    I definitely recommend using the app while pregnant - it's helpful to keep track of your intake to make sure you're not "eating for two" and to make sure that you and baby are getting enough! I gained 17 of 20 recommended lbs my last pregnancy and I logged every day. I did it mostly to make sure that I didn't get out of the habit that I built losing weight before pregnancy because I knew I would need it postpartum.

Talk to your health care provider and ask what your calorie intake should be based off your current health. Set that as your goal.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,959 Member
    I'm pregnant too. I've heard 300 over maintenance for the 2nd trimester and 500 over maintenance for the 3rd. None extra in the first trimester. I have a group too if you're interested in joining. We're all either pregnant or planning on becoming pregnant.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/111647-planning-for-pregnancy