What Dya think ?

Options
Thinking of changing my calories to maintenance calories but not logging my exercise calories ? Think I could loose weight doing this ? I do body pump at least 3x week

Replies

• GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    maybe, maybe not.

I'm not a fan of eating a set amount every day. I think it is more accurate the log exercise as you do it and eat accordingly. That doesn't mean you have to eat it that day, but basically logging the exercise helps you know if you are under calories for the week so you will lose weight. That is just my preference as a lot of people do really well by eating TDEE - % to create a deficit.

What you are actually suggesting is not TDEE - %, though. It is more like an intentionally inaccurate/fake TDEE - %. So, you are at risk of muddling the waters to the point of not having a clue what is happening.

Your logic is correct in that if you eat a base TDEE without exercise, then exercise but don't eat those calories, you should lose weight. It is just implementing it might not work very well.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    If you mean maintenance calories for no exercise, then you exercise and don't 'eat them back' then yes, that should create a small deficit weekly.
    Thinking of changing my calories to maintenance calories but not logging my exercise calories ? Think I could loose weight doing this ? I do body pump at least 3x week