Suggestions for healthy gaining foods

Options
mattyice1989
mattyice1989 Posts: 18 Member
edited February 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Would appreciate any recommendations for healthy, high-calorie foods that are relatively easy to prepare. I'm 6'6", about 233 lbs, and I'd like to start consuming healthier options towards the 3800+ calories a day I believe I need in order to put on more mass. Was up to about 245 lbs a few months ago but while getting there I wasn't paying enough attention to what I was eating which has left me with an annoying layer of fat around my lower abs. Nowadays, beyond a rough calorie count and trying to get a split of protein, carbs, and healthy fats, I don't track anything much more specific (exact portion sizes, etc). Thanks in advance for any help. *EDIT: I'm realizing now that this post is in the wrong general topic - will delete asap*

Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Are you doing cut/bulk cycles or just bulking? What weight training program are you running?

When consuming more calories than you need to maintain your current weight, of course there will be some fat gain as well as muscle (if you're running a heavy progressive lifting program). This is why cutting is equally as important as bulking; to reveal the muscle that's under the fat. All you have to do is eat more- you'll get a layer of fat as well as muscle no matter what you eat if you're in a surplus.