Hi

Options
JB035
JB035 Posts: 336 Member
edited February 2017 in Introduce Yourself
I've been digging through the post for a couple of weeks now and I've decided to stick around. It's interesting to see how different ways of training and eating work for everyone. Also, it's really cool to see so many people with different backgrounds and abilities all striving to be healthier together.

I've grown up playing sports; football, baseball, track, and powerlifting though high school. I have enjoyed all of it for the most part. I'm a glutton for punishment so even though the overlapping of these sports sucked, I still endured the torture and kept pressing on.

I've always struggled with putting on weight since I was younger. I broke 100 pounds my freshman year! It wasn't until here recently that I realized why. The gym I'm part of had a fitness challenge last year and at the start of it I weighed about 158 pounds on a good day. Through this learning process I found that I had not been eating enough carbs or fats the protein was off some, but the others were way out. I had been training in a deficit for a long time; no wonder I could gain weight. By the end of the challenge I had put on around 6 lbs of muscle according to the machine (bodpod) we used before and after lost .5% body fat in the process. I know keep my weight around 170 and my strength has improved drastically.

I currently train at a gym that is kinda a mix between crossfit and strength training. My ultimate goal is to be functionally fit and be able to take on all life brings my way!

Anyways, I'm excited to be part of the community here. Add me to your friend list! I like seeing everyone's progress and goals met!