Weighed myself and had a shock...hellllo

Options
charariel86
charariel86 Posts: 9 Member
edited February 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Helloooo

So before I know it its 2 months since Christmas and I'm still eating like it's Christmas everyday, so yeah I think I deserve the 16 pound I've put on lool, but reality hit me when I put a pair of jeans on the other day they dug in me so much I thought I was being stabbed lool, SO here it is I started yesterday, trouble is when it comes to food I have the habit of thinking oh that Big Mac is 500cals I can have that and just not eat anything else all day...ugh!!

But anyway come say hello, I'm Charlotte 30 from Essex

Replies

• subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    6-7 pound fluctuation on weight is usual don't panic. Once you start weighing yourself everyday, and start eating at a deficit, you will see a big drop from that weight (So your gain is probably smaller than you think). I sometimes "gain" 8 pounds depending on the day. I am 6'3" so that number might be a little smaller for you.
    Its certainly a good time to start watching your calorie intake though so you don't gain further. Make sure you weigh your meals, and follow MFP daily calorie goals. Set yourself to about 1lb loss/week, once you will get back to your original weight sooner that you think.
  • charariel86
    Options
    Hello

Ahhh thank you, I do seem to lose weight just as quickly as I put on when I have my mind on it, I think it's just getting into that mind set again, exercise is a whole different story, I think about it I really do, but it comes to it and I'm like nah it's fine lool!!
  • hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Hey Charlotte,

Plug in the number into MFP and eat to this number. Record your exercise and eat some of them back. (Lots of info about eating, or not eating exercise calories)

An interesting thing is to set your goal as maintain, eat less than this number to lose weight. (1lb a week will be 500 cal less than this maintain figure)

I often eat McD's but only when I can shuffle my day to ensure I have calories.
  • subcounter
    Options
    exercise is pretty optional when it comes to losing weight. I definitely recommend it though for your health in general. It can be simple as walking, running, playing some type of sports, weight lifting, beach volleyball. You gotta try them to see which one works for you the best.
  • charariel86
    Options
    It's my day off work today so I've actually just got ready to go for a walk, I can do this!!
    Must not walk past the bakery....
  • subcounter
    edited February 2017
    Options
    It's my day off work today so I've actually just got ready to go for a walk, I can do this!!
    Must not walk past the bakery....

as long as its in your calorie goal, you can definitely pass by the bakery too. You just gotta train your mind about daily caloric goals.

lol reminded me of this movie, bakery:
    giphy.gif
  • charariel86
    Options
    Well so far I haven't given in....I walked straight past I feel this is the new me looool