Does anyone have chronic stomach issues?

Options
2»

Replies

• JCam8383
    JCam8383 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Try a low residue diet for a few days, that should work in helping you to feel better quickly. I'd definitely schedule a Dr's appointment though, you probably need to see a gastroenterologist.
    Good luck :)
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I have IBS, but the other side of it. Can't go. It sucks and honestly messes the scale up too. Go to the doctor! I got meds.

This. I have the same problem (IBS-C). When I was younger, it actually alternated between the two.

If it concerns you, please find time/funds to see a doctor. Some GI disorders are just inconvenient, others are life-threatening or require actual lifelong monitoring with diet and (sometimes) medication. I hope you find answers!
  • boopster99
    boopster99 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    @Scottishlass5 - a random question for you. Any chance you've had your gallbladder removed? I ask because I suffered with daily diarrhea for nearly 10 years and was always told "you have an ulcer" or "you have IBS, try to relax". Until - finally - a brilliant old GI doctor said I suffered from short bowel syndrome - caused by removal of the gallbladder. The liver dumps bile directly into the small intestine and causes symptoms similar to what you describe. Anyway, that's what I know from my own life .... hope you find some answers soon. <3
  • LVNF04
    LVNF04 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Options
    Since the end of last year and into this year I have been fighting with that problem, I think greasy food plus alcohol triggers it. And too much food. First time I nearly ate a whole pizza, I got sick several times, and hot/cold, shortness of breath, and it felt like someone shoved a screwdriver in my abdomen and twist it. Second time, 8 corndogs and burbon. 3 rd time, 2 burritos, 6 beers, 2 tacos and a triple crunch wrap. Since then I try to limit what I eat, and almost completely stop drinking alcohol.
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    You should go to a gastro doc to get checked out, sometimes it's not just gas or IBS, it could be a more serious condition. Hopefully not, and you can work with your doctors on symptom relief through diet and medications.