My Journey Blog

WolfML
WolfML Posts: 13 Member
edited February 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello Self,
Yesterday was my first day on this app and I had some small setbacks and some great steps forwards.

My setbacks were that I missed lunch and dinner. I also didn't achieve my 10k step goal (but I did get over 9000 - go me!) My lunch and snacks were pretty awful. A delicious cheese burger with sautéed onions, mushrooms, jalapeños and of course ketchup accompanied by a large order of spicy Cajun fries. For snacks I had a crap ton of Ferraro Rocher's. I don't regret a thing.

The positives? Well that's easy. I almost hit 10k steps which is huge. I also set up my account here and started to really think about my goals and future success plan. I think the biggest success I had yesterday was making 19 new friends with similar interests in getting healthy. Some to encourage each other, and others to share recipe ideas with. What a great support group.

All in all, my energy level is high and I feel confident today will be even better than the last.

Currently I'm on track to lose 13 pounds in 5 weeks if I kept eating the way I did yesterday. Cheese burger again today? Lol, I think not. We can do better.

I'll check in with you again tomorrow, Blog. Until then - later alligator.

Replies

• kandisn7
    kandisn7 Posts: 66 Member
    :D WOW! Nice piece of writing!
  • WolfML
    kandisn7 wrote: »
    :D WOW! Nice piece of writing!
    Haha thanks!
  • WolfML
    Hey Self!

Me again :) just checking in with you to let you know that I didn't track anything yesterday but I know I must have eaten good portions because I woke up hungry for the first time in a very long time.

I'm still fighting the good fight. Guna hopefully get sometime today or tomorrow to look into slow cooking a lot of chicken, broccoli and wild rice so I can meal prep for the week. I might have to split it into two cooking sessions unless I can freeze it... that sounds like a good idea.

Anyways ma man I'll catch ya later!

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Sounds like you're on the right track! Keep going; you'll hit your goal in no time!
  • WolfML
    Sounds like you're on the right track! Keep going; you'll hit your goal in no time!

Thanks! I hope so! Very excited to see the weigh in on Monday :)