Running shoes

Does anyone have any suggestions about a good brand of shoes for running in the $50-$60 range that'll help with overpronation?

I'm going shoe shopping tonight and I want to have something in mind

TIA!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ToTheLove
    ToTheLove Posts: 357
    Does anyone have any suggestions about a good brand of shoes for running in the $50-$60 range that'll help with overpronation?

I'm going shoe shopping tonight and I want to have something in mind

TIA!! :flowerforyou:
  • poubre
    poubre Posts: 32
    I'm a big fan of Aasics, but they can tend to be expensive =\. Finding some that help your overpronation is definitely key though.

I'm not very good at bargain shopping, so I shouldn't be answering this question :). But, Aasics are great running shoes.

Philip
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    I got New Balance on sale at Big 5 ( not sure if you have one) they are great.
    Try shoes on when your feet are tired
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Add another for New Balance. Good shoes for (kinda) cheap.
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Brooks are good running shoes!
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    it all depends on your foot type.
    I wear Nike because they have extra cushioning in the forefoot where I need it.
    My boyfriend has been wearing Saucony for 7 years and swears he'll never buy anything else.

You just have to find out what works for you!
    Good luck!
    I love buying running shoes...its always fun!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    If you've never gotten running shoes before, it may be in your best interest to go to a store that specializes in running shoes and track/field. Usually you can find one in 'college towns.' The one we have here they'll study your foot for a good 20-30 minutes, watch you walk on a treadmill, measure pretty much every possible angle, and then pair you up with a PERFECT pair :)
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Yeah, there are lots of good brands,

Brooks, saucony, asics, New Balance, believe it or not, lately Mizuno has come out with some excellent pairs.

The big thing is to find a pair that you are comfortable in, are supportive to your arch type, and are breathable (with summer comming up, sweating in your sneakers is a recipe for giant blisters).
  • jmeriano
    jmeriano Posts: 35
    Aasics are great, especially with those performance insoles (sold separately).

I bought a pair at Olympia Sports last week and they are great -- they were 69.99 on sale. it's funny, because I originally went in for Nike Shox and the sales guy said no good!
  • jcummings69
    jcummings69 Posts: 183
    I wore Saucony for a while and liked them, but am now a huge fan of Asics. Nothing seems as comfortable to me and they are the ONLY shoe I have never gotten blisters from. I've tried New Balance as well but they hurt my feet.
  • smsorens
    smsorens Posts: 3
    Aasics, definitely. If you search hard enough you'll for sure find a good pair on sale. I have a few pairs that are a little on the spendy side but I doubt I would ever buy anything else for running. :smile: