Hopping on the Healthy Train

Options
nike2345
nike2345 Posts: 17 Member
Hey I'm pretty new to MFP also about two weeks in. In high school I was a mega athlete. I played three sports and people called me superstar. In my 12th grade year my asthma became worse and one of my lungs collapsed. The doctors told me that I would never play sports like I use to. From then on it has been an uphill battle trying to get my asthma under control with all the medications that make you gain weight. So 12 years out of high school and I've finally have gotten my asthma under control but have gained a tremendous amount of weight due to lack of exercise, poor diet, and medication. I guess I decided it was time when one of my students asked me why I was so big. I gave him the usual people come in all shapes and sizes but I knew that I no longer wanted to be this size. So teaching in two places and running my own business I must learn how to eat better and not take the easy fast food way our. I've hopped on the healthy train along with my mom who has been using the site as well. Hopefully I can ride the train all the way to healthyville lol.