How long did it take you to lose water weight and how much did you lose?

Options
2»

Replies

• JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    (fat however hell yes because I had a close personal relationship with sheet cakes at that time)

:D:D:D
    I used to get up at night and eat Penguin biscuits.

Recent research suggests this does babies no harm - but it does make them bigger! Mini me was 8lb 13oz and, I believe, largely composed of Penguin biscuits.

Haha my oldest was 7lbs7oz, my youngest was 7lbs14oz- our poor middle girl was 9lbs5oz...unsurprisingly mommy was at her fattest in that pregnancy- so much cake we named her Kate #closeenoughtocake ;)
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Weighed somewhere north of 200 (I quit looking) at delivery and was 165 at my 6-week checkup. I 'gained' 6 pounds between weeks 36 and 37 (that was the appt the doctor told me he hoped my bag was packed because we were headed to the hospital). Baby weighed 6lb3oz :tongue: I had pre-eclampsia and he was born 3 weeks early. I was so happy to see my ankles again!
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I weighed as soon as I could get out of bed after the birth of my daughter at the nursers station. I'd lost 18 of the 33 lbs I gained. My daughter was 8 lbs.

I breast fed and lost the rest pretty fast, less than 2 months. BUT I did not retain water. I had a big basketball belly and from behind it wasn't super noticeable I was pregnant. My sister in law still gets angry about that as she looked like Violet from Willy Wonka she retained so much water:).

I weighed 163 on the night of delivery and walked out 18 lbs lighter and with a beautiful baby girl to complete my family!
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    BUT I did not retain water. I had a big basketball belly and from behind it wasn't super noticeable I was pregnant. My sister in law still gets angry about that as she looked like Violet from Willy Wonka she retained so much water:).

I didn't show from behind either, or even from ahead - I just looked huge from the side, but I definitely retained water. I think it's got more to do with your stomach muscles and what shape you are - I carry fat the same way, out in front, not much on the sides. The thing is that barring really significant oedema like OP describes, you could be retaining quite a lot of water and it wouldn't be visible.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Thank you every one. Makes me feel a lot better.