Any Bowflex Max Trainer users here?

Options
Hey gang..

Just looking to see how many of you have invested in a Max Trainer here? How is it going for you? Your thoughts on the machine etc?

I am on week 2 with mine and so far I love it!! It really gives me one heck of a workout in the 14 minutes they advertise!! I use it along side my Gazelle as well.. I'll do the 14 on the Max then do another 30 on the Gazelle... Being only week 2 I don't think I'll start seeing a noticeable change for another few weeks.. I'm really not one to weigh myself but I go by how my clothes fit.. I will say that my work pants I bought 3 weeks ago have a smidge more room which is a bonus!!

Anyhow, just looking for your feedback and thoughts!

Cheers,

Mark :)

Replies

• BaddS4
    BaddS4 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hit a new personal best on the Max trainer today.. 25 minutes at level 5 and it totally felt awesome while exhausting me at the same time!!!

Tomorrow is gonna be another awesome day on this badboy!!! :smiley:
  • CarrieVPDX
    CarrieVPDX Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey, are you still liking the Max Trainer? I'll be starting regular use soon, so I'm curious if you're seeing good results.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I have one.. the M5. I love it! Although I haven't used it in a while (since I've been bulking). I will start using it again in a few weeks though.. it kills me every time!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't mind having one, but I'm TOO FRUGAL to spend money on it. Maybe I'll check craigslist and see if I can find one cheap. So many people by home exercise equipment that ends up being a clothes hanger rack.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind having one, but I'm TOO FRUGAL to spend money on it. Maybe I'll check craigslist and see if I can find one cheap. So many people by home exercise equipment that ends up being a clothes hanger rack.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Just saw this now: May consider it.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/spo/6096397310.html

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • heidi4fox50
    heidi4fox50 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love my boflex max trainer but I do have to say personally I think a couple days of weight training with it is needed.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I've had mine for about two years and love it. Not sure what I'd do without it honestly. If it ever broke and was too expensive to repair I'd probably buy another. When I first bought it I used to use it exclusively in the winter, doing up to an hour at a time on it daily for workouts using the steady state programs. Now I just use it for a quick 14 minute MAX workout mid-way through my circuit training routine each day that I work out. I've been maxed out at level 16 on the thing for almost a year and it still kicks my *kitten*!

Here's this morning's workout:

kcfmy4do214w.jpg
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I love mine, I don't use it as my sole exercise so I can't say my results are just from that but I'm advancing in my physical fitness and overall feeling great.

The only thing to note is a giant squeek it makes now, doesn't bother me with headphones and I did some reading that it can be fixed but I don't really want to bother unless it starts impacting function. Overall I'm very impressed with it and it suits my apartment size very well.