When do youv you learn self acceptance?

Options
I have been on this rollercoaster for a while and I sometimes get saddened because I don't think I'm losing like others. I know everyone is different but I still can't get over it at times. I know my frame is larger than some so I carry weight differently. When I workout I don't really lose I tone. I burn AT MINIMUM 1300 calories a day but I get so frustrated that I don't see the same results. My problem area is my stomach and partly due to bad diet but also due to health problems and surgeries as a child. Is it possible to tone scar tissue? What can I do? I trying my best not to give up this time. Please offer me any advice you have and feel free to add me.

Replies

• WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Don't give up, weight loss is progress. It'll take time. So you say you work out, but don't lose weight, you may need to check out your diet. Eliminate carbs, fat, sugar, etc. but keep it moderate. You could do more cardio since weight training strengthens you. You could go on walks often, run if you like, but keep your heart rate up. You should ask your doctor since you have health problems and surgeries in the past so I'm not sure what could happen. Don't give up! =]
  • KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Keep at and let it take ALL the time you need. Commit yourself to really working it as you know you should. Make a few changes at a time, or a lot, but what you can live with. Then add some more. I think as you develop this determination, and the track record, you will find the strength within yourself and you will find self acceptance then.

I'm a slow loser. I get stuck for long periods of time. I think when we have a lot of mental changes to make, it's best to let the process take a long time. Knowing HOW HARD you have to work for something will make you more determined to stick with it in the long run.

And what your daughter said - she's wrong. You are STILL very pretty.
  • bermequeen
    bermequeen Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I feel much better about it today. I guess yesterday was just my day to feel blah.