Best Running Shoes for Flat Feet?

Options
Any recommendations on best running shoes for FLAT FEET?

Replies

• gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Go to a running store, like Fleet Feet, and get fitted. They will do a gait analysis, and find you the correct shoe for your feet and gait. Regular stores, like Foot Locker, et al, do NOT do this.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Go to a running store, like Fleet Feet, and get fitted. They will do a gait analysis, and find you the correct shoe for your feet and gait. Regular stores, like Foot Locker, et al, do NOT do this.

Yep. Talk to them about inserts too. My husband has flat feet and he has to wear these to avoid shin splints.
  • princessamara
    Options
    The best shoes for flat feet, you need motion control type for maximum control for stability. I would recommend New Balance model 1012, 1540, 1340, and 587 will be your choice http://www.runningpair.com/Made in USA. :happy:
  • Kristine_7707
    Options
    i asked this question to a co-worker who is a runner and she said Asics work best for her
  • MayaD1
    Options
    What you should generally be looking for in good shoes for flat feet is stability, on several levels - mainly the midsection and the heel. These are vital to dealing with overpronation, which I'm going to guess you've experienced (I have, I'm a flat-footed runner too). There are some techniques you can use to see whether a shoe is properly made to cope with flat feet, they're described in this guide -

http://happyrunningfeet.com/the-best-running-shoes-for-flat-feet-3-critical-tests/
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Go to the podiatrist and get orthotics made, you can put them in any shoe ... I have collapsed arches, I did this, and I've never run better ... This morning's Turkey Trot was completed in 21:17 ...
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/content/content1.jsp?contentId=11900101&sc=CX13M060&cm_mmc=affiliate-_-LS-_-homepage-_-na&siteID=Gazv8P6JxOc-mf8ICsKbcbnb76aKQ68nyw

Join their VIP for $1.99 and get the wear em and love em for 90 days guarantee. I really did try out a pair of shoes for over 2 months and then returned them for a different pair. (You get free shipping and some great discounts, too!) They have a great shoe finder app, and their customer service/fit experts are TOPS. I live in an area without a specialty running shoe store and I highly recommend RoadRunnerSports!
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Go to the podiatrist, get orthotics mad, you can put them in any shoes you want ... I have collapsed aches and have a tendency to develop tendonitis in my posterior tibial tendon, in both feet, I did this, and I have never run faster or more comfortably ... Completed today's Turkey Trot in 21:17 ... And to be honest, I don't even run that much anymore, maybe just once or twice a week, now that it gets dark early, it's more like once a week ...I stopped running for awhile because of the foot pain, but since I've gotten the orthotics, I am pain-free ...

ETA: Sorry for the double post, MFP timed out on me and I couldn't get back in time to edit the first one ...
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    New Balance. They have styles and sizes to deal with all sorts of issues, flat feet, wide foot, high arch, etc.
  • kathyr_1961
    kathyr_1961 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue and wear Saucony Motion control and they have made such a difference. Also an insole called Sole. You heat it in the oven then put it your shoe immediately and put them on. They mold to your feet.
  • charlychops
    Options
    i asked this question to a co-worker who is a runner and she said Asics work best for her

I also find asics good, i overpronate and Asics feel amazing.
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I love Asics for my over pronating..and got my flat footed daughter Asics too.
    http://www.runningshoesguru.com/2009/04/the-best-running-shoes-for-flat-feet-summer-2009/

This link gave some tips