Visualizing Weight/BMI

sarahbums
sarahbums Posts: 1,061 Member
edited February 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Just wanted to share this site I came across with you guys who haven't seen it. I thought it might be useful for those of you setting goal weights or looking for inspiration. It's also a pretty good example of how different body types/compositions carry weight.

(ETA: i'm not soliciting anything or affiliated w/the site in any way)

Replies

• dkabambe
    dkabambe Posts: 544 Member
    Try this site as well: bodyvisualizer.com
    Based on measurements will show you a model of what body looks like.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Those are always interesting. I look about 30 -50 lbs heavier than everyone else with my same weight.
  • dkabambe
    dkabambe Posts: 544 Member
    @Ready2Rock206 Everyone thinks that though, so maths says half are wrong! Even when I put my measurements in the body visualizer site I thought it looked *a lot* slimmer than me but my last gf said it was spot-on. She may have been doing the whole new relationship niceness thing though... [It didn't last]
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    Every time I input my stats into one of these it looks nothing like me lol

Exactly what I was thinking....

There's just not enough measurements.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    I like mybodygallery.com/
    It goes by weight, height, age, and clothing size. I have submitted a few pics at different weights to them. Most of the submissions seem to be honest about their size. Though if you select all your specifics at once you won't get many photos since everyone is so different.
  • 1975child
    1975child Posts: 4 Member
    This is really good! I've always been heavy on the scales since i was a little girl but until the past 5 years never been over a UK 12! It really reminds me that the goal at the very top of my weight range isn't too high!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    That's interesting. I put my height, weight, and gender in and got a bunch of photos of handsome men.

Me? I'm wrinkly, baggy, and have either loose skin or loose fat hanging around my torso. I'm inspired by one of my mfp friends to begin exercising with 'battle ropes'. Any visual improvement may be months away.
  • LokiiDokii
    LokiiDokii Posts: 39 Member
    mybodygallery.com is also pretty neat. Real people and real photos
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,492 Member
    sarahbums wrote: »
    dkabambe wrote: »
    Try this site as well: bodyvisualizer.com
    Based on measurements will show you a model of what body looks like.

yes! this is a good one

holy crap i put my stats in and it is dead on very cool
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member
    Who on earth posts some of those pics of themselves?!