Should I be snacking?

Options
I am under calories and such and I know I should be incorporating healthy snacks like almonds and lean proteins, but if I am not hungry, should I eat them anyway? My calories are around 800-900 a day so I know I need to up them but I have also been told not to eat if I am not hungry! Help!

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    How are you tracking intake? Are you weighing solids and measuring liquids and choosing correct database entries?

What's your weight, height and activity level?

To be persistently satiated on 800-900 calories doesn't sound right.

Anyway if you are really eating 800-900 calories of food you are most probably not meeting your nutritional needs and are risking negative effects on your health.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    If you are sure you're logging accurately and you really are only eating that little, you need to find a way to either eat when you aren't hungry or eat foods that have more calories.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    You're probably eating more than you think if you feel ok on 800-900 calories per day. Are you losing weight at a drastic rate?
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I agree that you are most likely not tracking accurately. Use a kitchen scale and weigh everything to the gram, then double check MFPs calorie counts against other databases, like USDA or sparkpeople or caloriecount. You're probably underestimating.
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Either you're not really eating 800 calories, or you're not aware that you're starving. If you're really eating that little, then eat more. You can't trust your instincts if they're telling you you're not hungry on 800 calories.