Just beginning -- small success pic!

Options
Hi all! I'm relatively new to the MFP community and a first-time poster. Reading all of your stories has given me so much motivation, so I thought I'd post my progress after five weeks. I've got a long way to go, but today I'm feeling pretty excited about the road ahead. Thanks to all of you for the support I've gotten just reading your threads.
lrz6yqxsc15b.jpg
SW: 196. CW: 178. GW: 140. 5'7

Replies

• suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Nice work! You can definitely see progress!
  • scubabumm57
    scubabumm57 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! Keep it up!! You inspire me to keep at it!! Been two weeks and only lost a lb I am getting frustrated already!!
  • Zengrizzly
    Zengrizzly Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Outstanding! You're rocking this!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,369 Member
    Options
    what a difference! you can do it
  • RedsGirl73
    RedsGirl73 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You got this!
  • kteej
    kteej Posts: 46 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Great success - what is your eating plan? I am close to your stats. I've been changing up what I'm doing. I'd like to find something, and stay with that plan.
    3 weeks in...SW: 190, CW: 178, GW: 145 - 5'7" - 61 years.
  • bhwalsh1
    bhwalsh1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You can see the difference alreadY!
  • NalaBellyFIT
    NalaBellyFIT Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! You guys sure know how to make a girl feel good! ☺

Kteej -- my eating plan is admittedly not rock-solid. I have just been much more conscious of how much I put in my body.. logging and accountability does wonders for that! I do consistently eat right around the 1200 mark though, and I plan ahead most days by logging all my meals in the AM so I know where I stand. That way, when my boyfriend says he wants nachos, I have a good idea how many I can have, instead of just having the nachos and deciding the day is shot now anyway. I've also been working out 4-5 days a week, and I try not to eat too many of those calories back (sweatin' to the oldies, haha). It's funny how close our stats are!

Scuba -- keep going! You never know when the scale will start to move (and it will!), and once it does, you will never want to stop. I've had a few stretches when I was having no success on the scale, and even a few small gains, too. When the pounds don't come off, it's hard not to order a pizza. I try to think, "if I wake up tomorrow and the scale hasn't moved, at least it won't be because I gave up." Stick with it and don't waste the past few weeks of hard work-- your scale victories are coming, too!
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Looking good - keep it up!! Great success so far!!
  • bpp23
    bpp23 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Great progress!
  • Lioness_1978
    Lioness_1978 Posts: 3,938 Member
    Options
    Great job so far!
  • wannabehappy79
    wannabehappy79 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Great job. Any tips especially eating on a budget. Just started and not sure of sw but I am sure it is in the 300 mark disgusting I know, but I have to do something. I can olny do 15min of excersise before I have to stop. Pls help any way you can
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Very awesome! I wouldn't call that a small success pic -- you can really see the changes you are making. Enjoy the rest of your journey!
  • deonbfit
    deonbfit Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Woww huge difference so far! Great job keep going!!
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Wowsers! High five girl!
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Job well done!
  • rhileyschubbygranny
    Options
    wow, what a difference! I am so jealous! I have only lost 7 pounds in the last 7 weeks and can't even tell. Keep up the good work!! :)
  • snooky211
    snooky211 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You're doing so well; thanks for posting your pics.
  • Brandon2118
    Brandon2118 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great work! Congratulations!
  • lionessNV
    lionessNV Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    This was the motivation I needed today! I'm tired and sore and all I'm thinking is "one day off won't hurt" but with me one day becomes two becomes three etc. After looking at your pix now I'm thinking "I want to be as successful as her in five weeks ".
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!