Is this too much for a person trying to loose???

Options
I don't know why but this seems like so much food for a day! Especially when I am trying to loose

Meal 1
4 egg whites
1/4 cup mushroom
1/2 cup oatmeal with 6 almonds
1/2 orange

Meal 2
4 oz white fish of choice
1/2 cup green beans
4 oz sweet potato

Snack
1/2 cup cottage cheese with 6 berries of choice

Meal 3
3 oz chicken breast
1 piece ezekiel bread
2 cups mixed green salad
1/4 avocado
1 tsp balsamic vinegar

Meal 4
3 ounces lean beef
1/4 cup brown rice
1/2 cup broccoli

Meal 5
4 oz white fish of choice
8 asparagus spears

Before Bed
1 scoop whey protein in water

What do you think?

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    What are your statistics (height, current weight, goal weight, activity level)? How many calories did this come up to when you entered it in your diary? Can't make an assessment without more information.
  • Hello_its_Dan
    Hello_its_Dan Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Zero info.

Okay so what's your:
    Height
    Weight
    Sex
    Body fat percentage
    Activity level

What's your goal weight?

How long have you been at the current weight?

Asking the question the way you'd did is like saying "What kind of gas should I use? Regular or Diesel?"
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Have you put it in mfp? Does it meet the calorie goal you got to lose weight?

(doesn't look like much fat imo, and you need to weigh your food, not count it or measure it in cups)
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Since nothing is weighed out in grams, too hard to tell if it is too much food. Also like everyone else said, not knowing any info is flying blind and your stuff is all private so we couldn't look for ourselves.
  • CassieR6
    CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who is a marine who helps people loose weight. He looked this up for me. Sorry for the missing information.

I am 32, Female (obviously)
    5'3
    196lbs
    Body Fat I don't know
    Low activity level currently

I would like to be at 140lbs or less

Been at this weight for about a year

Let me know what else you may need, there was no calorie range or anything given to me yet.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    CassieP16 wrote: »
    there was no calorie range or anything given to me yet.
    MFP would have given you that at startup - it asked for height, weight, goal etc and spit out a number to hit. Not? Glitch.
  • clambert1273
    Options
    Do you do any exercise?
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who is a marine who helps people loose weight. He looked this up for me. Sorry for the missing information.

5'3
    196lbs
    Body Fat I don't know

Let me know what else you may need, there was no calorie range or anything given to me yet.

I'm confused. Your food diary says your daily calorie goal is 1380. That's the number you should be trying to hit everyday.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options

5'3
    196lbs
    Body Fat I don't know

Did you plug this information into MFP when you signed up? Other calorie calculators give about 1400 calories per day for your height/weight/age/gender assuming you do no exercise.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options

5'3
    196lbs
    Body Fat I don't know

I'm confused. Your food diary says your daily calorie goal is 1380. That's the number you should be trying to hit everyday.

She's going by the food plan a friend gave her and appears not to be going by her calorie goal.
  • clambert1273
    Options
    If I was you (and I speak as myself), I would start with higher calories and figure out where I need to be to still lose and eat as much as I want... I like to eat A LOT so I always look for the biggest bang. I bet you could do 1700 cals pretty easy and still lose...

The caveat to that is tracking everything precise: using food scale, usda database etc...
  • CassieR6
    CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am aware what MFP has given me as a goal. I spoke to him and he showed me a woman he got from almost 300lbs down to 146lbs. So I said give me a plan. And this is what he found me. So I was just curious, it seemed like a lot of food. I am not trying to make this hard. I am sorry.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    The only way to know is to track it. If it is over your goal it is too much. If it is under your goal it is not enough. It it meets your goal it is just right.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am aware what MFP has given me as a goal. I spoke to him and he showed me a woman he got from almost 300lbs down to 146lbs. So I said give me a plan. And this is what he found me. So I was just curious, it seemed like a lot of food. I am not trying to make this hard. I am sorry.

No apologies necessary...I was just confused. Did the person who gave you the meal plan base it on your stats and your goal to lose a given number of pounds per week? Or did he/she just provide you with food suggestions?
  • clambert1273
    Options
    She's going by the food plan a friend gave her and appears not to be going by her calorie goal.

Well that seems...silly.

OP, if you'd like to lose weight successfully, you need to figure out if the food plan you were given will fit into the daily calorie goal MFP gave you.

And what the actual weights of the items are .. measurements don't mean anything as they can change with each scoop, but weight is constant. You can see by my diary, I eat a lot of food :) I lose that way and it is my sweet spot at the moment.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

Go through your list of foods and look up the calories for each item.Then you can judge whether or not they fit in your calorie goal.