Intermittent fasting

Options
Anybody doing intermittent fasting?
I like the feeding window but I can get my macros dialed in.
I seem to go over on my fat everyday

Replies

• kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I've done it
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I am, apparently - I'm eating within a 6-8 hour "window" most days.

Hard to get too much fat. The important question is whether you go over your calories.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    rc391 wrote: »
    Anybody doing intermittent fasting?
    I like the feeding window but I can get my macros dialed in.
    I seem to go over on my fat everyday

If you over your fats, are you doing Keto or LCHF? If so, you should concentrate on keeping your carbs down, and to hit your protein target and fat to satiety. I wouldn't worry too much about the fat, it is also easy to add fat to your diet by being a bit inventive. Cook with fats, eat the skin on your chicken, butter your vegetable etc

Personally I do IF, as I am never hungry in the mornings, my body seems to prefer being fed between 12-8, it works out great for me, I am not hungry, I enjoy my larger meals. I find eating 3 meals plus snacks makes me starving, but give me two larger meals every day and I am pretty happy.

If I need a snack between lunch and dinner, I usually snack on boiled eggs, I make my own mini "breakfast" muffins, or I make breadless sandwiches with cold meats and cheese rolled in salad leaves, with pickles on the side, or vegetable sticks with cream cheese or sourcream.
  • madsandy11
    madsandy11 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What is your fat intake goal?
  • eviemac2017
    eviemac2017 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Couldn't agree more with bonny123. Focus on low carbs as far as poss. Set your goals to low carb high fat. Then you will find the fasting happens without trying. Like bonnie I'm not hungry till 11/12. So effortless 12:8 situation
  • Hello_its_Dan
    Hello_its_Dan Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Daily for a few years now.
    I love it.