RE 2468

Options
Ya know, I'm sorry I ever posted. It was dumb, and being mean and nasty is not okay either. I teach our boys every day that just because someone makes a mistake doesn't mean it's okay to be mean or nasty. I apologized and if you enjoy making people feel bad then why even be here? I certainly never wanted to elicit cruel and demeaning behavior. And honestly, how does it feel to want to lose weight and be made fun of? Does it feel good to you? Because it makes me feel awful.

Replies

• eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Let's all hold hands, here on the subway.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    To be honest, so many people read the first post and respond without reading the rest of the thread, so they will have missed your apology.

Many people are responding out of concern, if they didn't care what you did to your body, they would have just moved onto the next thread. Just quit reading the replies.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options

GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!
  • eblakes93
    Options

GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!

Big, open spaces.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    if you're williing to eat LESS to lose weight, perhaps you're willing to consider eating MORE to lose weight also. Here's a link to a group forum called Eat More to Weigh Less. It may or may not be for you, but perhaps you could just browse through the topics available as an alternative choice? http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/3834-eat-more-to-weigh-less Best of luck in your journey :flowerforyou:
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I guess you missed the supportive posts.

maybe you need to step away from the computer.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Um...ok.

I feel much better now.

flower.gif
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I can see how you might feel like people were piling on, but no one was being mean. I think it can feel that way if you get a bunch of people disagreeing with your approach, but all of the comments were aimed at that diet, not at you as a person. In fact, many people took time to say specifically that they were not commenting on you personally. Best thing you can do now is look at it as a learning experience, start fresh tomorrow and just move on. This site offers a ton of support for those who want to better themselves. You just got off on the wrong foot is all.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I must have missed the original post this is referencing.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

No.

Also I'm sorry that you made a ridiculous post and then felt some of the responses were harsh. But when you suggest eating 200 calories a day most reasonable people are going to be shocked, bothered, and appalled. These emotions might not translate well to text and seem 'mean' to you, but I doubt anyone meant to be mean.

But come on. 200 calories? That didn't strike you as crazy?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1051891-2468-diet
  • eblakes93
    Options

No.

Just trying to lighten things up a bit with some Hey Arnold humor.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1051891-2468-diet

Aha. Really wasn't so bad.
  • victoriavoodoo
    victoriavoodoo Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I tried to warn you, but I guess once the thread is started there's no stopping it. No one is being mean, well most aren't. They just see it as common sense that a diet with 200 calories in a day is really unhealthy, and want to make it clear that it's wrong to you and to anyone who might stumble in and see your post and try this crazy diet with you.
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options

Also I'm sorry that you made a ridiculous post and then felt some of the responses were harsh. But when you suggest eating 200 calories a day most reasonable people are going to be shocked, bothered, and appalled. These emotions might not translate well to text and seem 'mean' to you, but I doubt anyone meant to be mean.

But come on. 200 calories? That didn't strike you as crazy?

here we go again...
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Here in MFP land, you have to take most things with a grain of salt. The diet you suggested is unhealthy and most people were trying to get that point across to you. However, sometimes the delivery leaves a lot to be desired. Other posters who aren't offering real advice just chime in because...well...that's what they do.

It's just the way it is.

Don't take it personal. Read the boards for a while and you'll see, it's the norm.

Just try to get the helpful information from the replies to your threads and ignore the rest.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Ya know, I'm sorry I ever posted. It was dumb, and being mean and nasty is not okay either. I teach our boys every day that just because someone makes a mistake doesn't mean it's okay to be mean or nasty. I apologized and if you enjoy making people feel bad then why even be here? I certainly never wanted to elicit cruel and demeaning behavior. And honestly, how does it feel to want to lose weight and be made fun of? Does it feel good to you? Because it makes me feel awful.

I'm sorry you're feeling awful. I only glanced at page 1 of the other thread and it seems like people were really just telling you "NO" out of concern. See on this site 1200 is suggested as the bare minimun and only in very specific circumstances which usually apply to very very few people. So to hear about a diet where 800 is the max is almost unspeakable. Add to that the fact that there are many many people on here who have successfully lost lots of weight eating more than the amounts recommended here for people way over the 1200 mark here and you might be able to understand why people might have become terribly concerned for you and anyone else who might read this and be led to look up a diet nearly all the people agree is unhealthy. (even if they agree on little else).

Good luck on your goals, as soon as you've had a chance to look up some success threads (with pics!) and see how they did it, you will be on your way to reaching your goals in the safe healthy way your boys deserve. No boys need a sick mommy. :flowerforyou:
  • Janice2Shakira
    Options

I can tell you are upset, but you're getting the wrong impression about what is actually going on. These people are trying to help, snarky or not. There is genuine concern here, and some very wonderful and supportive people that can help you on your journey. You asked a question, and you received a response to said question. People have been there, done that, and want to keep other people from making the same mistakes. Take a deep breath, realize that "tone" isn't always conveyed well on the internet, and continue on your journey :flowerforyou: Best of luck
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Another person that believes they are personally being attacked when people are just disagreeing with them.

Case closed.