Weight loss stall

Hi everyone! I've been consistently working out 5-6 days a week for 2 months. I do 15-20 minutes of cardio, and then lifting altogether for about an hour. My diet is pretty clean. I weighed myself for the first time today and I gained 2 pounds. I understand I've probably gained muscle. But I'm very frustrated I don't want to "maintain" this weight I want to lose a certain amount of weight and after 2 months of not one pound gone it's very discouraging. Can anyone help me please? What can I be doing better? Thank you, all the best!

Replies

• Jigzz86
    Jigzz86 Posts: 1 Member
    I don't know how correct this info is as I haven't tested it yet.
    A PT at my gym said to always do weights first followed up by at least 30 minutes of cardio.
    Apparently if you do the weights first your body goes atraight into fat burning when you start cardio.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Do you weigh and log all your food? If not that is the first thing you should fix. Without an accurate picture of calories going in, everything else is just guess work.
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Just keep eating at deficit, weightloss is not linear
  • amdsf
    amdsf Posts: 24 Member
    Yes, lift weights first, then cardio. That way you will work harder on the weights, because you start fresh. Much more effective. Also, I guess you could look at your weights program? Make sure you work your big muscles. And I personally believe in lifting heavy weights, with fewer reps - I find it a lot more effective. Not sure what you mean when you say your diet is "pretty clean"? You really need to measure everything, not estimate, or you could be eating a lot more than you think. And with all your hard work, that would be such a shame. Sorry you haven't lost weight, btw - I know that is super frustrating! Hope you are also taking measurements (waist, hips, etc), so that you can see the changes in your body that way? You are doing so well, sticking with the exercise regime, though. Keep it up, and good luck!!