Weight loss so unpredictable

Options
2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    When I weigh my food on a digital food scale, eat the calories MFP gives me, eat some (but not all) of my exercise calories, I lose as expected over the course of a month.

I compare myself to last month, not last week or yesterday.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I'm with the daily weigh-in folks. It gives you the opportunity to collect data and logically correlate it to the things in your life that can affect weight loss, including sleep, TOM, exercise, type of food eaten (sodium & booze), etc. It might not be obvious at first, but after a few months you will start to see the patterns and be able to predict them many times! Unfortunately, not everything in life is perfectly logical. The longer you live, the more you come to accept that. Hope that helps.
  • TantianboTan
    TantianboTan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well if you stick to eating clean and calories deficit, you would see the result over time. Generally, for girls, the period would affect the number on the scale a lot due to metabolism change. Your body will tend to store more water and that's why you can't see changes. I will suggest you not to only focus on numbers on the scale but your feeling. Your body is more sensitive than you think. Changes take time.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Well if you stick to eating clean

Meh. No need to eat clean. Whatever your definition of clean is.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    mbanks123 wrote: »
    What kind of things affect your weight?

Too much sodium makes me bloat. Too much sugar makes me bloat. Hot weather makes me bloat. Non-aerobic exercise makes me bloat. It's not as bad now but during the worst part of perimenopause just being alive seemed to make me bloat. But I still have days when I bloat for no known reason.

My husband says I'm part water balloon. :unamused:
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is all about the trend over a long period of time. I assume you didn't gain the weight you are trying to lose overnight, so don't expect to lose it.

For me; I like to weigh everyday and plot them on a graph (you can use MFP) and then look at the direction the overall trend is going.