No more excuses!

Options
Does anyone else feel like all you say to yourself is 'I'll start over tomorrow' or 'I'll start monday'

I feel like this has been my mantra for the past year.

I had a huge 3 stone weightloss but over last year I gained 2.8 stone back due to surgeries and time off work. I've used these excuses as a way to not get back on track, as an excuse to feel sorry for myself and comfort eat.

It's took me 4 weeks to lose 7lbs. I've felt myself slipping again this past week but I'm determined to get back on it.

I want to be 13.7 by December so that's 36lbs in 42 weeks. I know it's achievable. I just need to stay focused and keep my motivation. If I keep saying that I'll star Monday and don't, the year will just fly by and I won't have changed.

Any advice is much appreciated x

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You can't control your weight like that. Your food intake over time controls your weight. Focus on the things you have to do to eat in a way that is both giving you a calorie deficit, and sustainable.
  • gs1941
    gs1941 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I was in the same position as you until last week when I tried on a top that I work last June and it did not fit at all......that's when I said I am starting this very moment....I've been logging my food as accurately as possible, drinking lots of water and trying to workout 5/week. It will be a long but rewarding journey! Positive mind leads to a positive life! :)
  • meltedsno
    meltedsno Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    that was me a couple of weeks ago. I had been using Nutrisystem last year and really liked the food and not having to worry about what I am going to eat as all the food is already there. Lost my job in November and decided to put my program on hold until I could figure out how to work this into my budget... went 3 months buying food in the store thinking it was cheaper only to realize it wasn't. I had forgotten exactly when NS was going to start up again--autoshipping (you can put on hold 2 months at a time)... called to find out and was told that I had time to push out again until April so I did... or at least I thought I did...until a shipment showed up last week. At first I was really upset about this, but then realized that I was more upset that I no longer had an excuse to "start tomorrow"... Saturday I decided that Monday would be my start date... got up Sunday morning and asked myself "why monday"... so... back on track as of Sunday and in a round about way, I have Nutrisystem to thank for their error in shipping me an order that they really shouldn't have!