Recommended Bathroom Scale?

Options
Can someone recommend an affordable scale? I had a cheap glass electronic scale that I purchased from Walmart, but it didn't seem to be accurate so I switched to a dial scale. Unfortunately my eyes are way too bad to see exactly what the dial is on. So any recommendations would nice, preferably something that shows decimals as well.

Replies

• LisaMoxon155
    LisaMoxon155 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I have a set of glass digitial ones. I brought them to work and got a girl who knew what her weight was (she weighed herself on hers berfore work) and tjen she stood on mine. And they gave same figure.
    With digitial ones u need to stand on a firm hard floor
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I have an Eatsmart digital scale that I bought a few years ago, one of the top rated on Amazon, measures body fat (really just a guide) and lean mass and whatever. I swear it is such a pain in the *kitten*. Every dang time I step on it, I get a different weight. If anyone hits it (which is easy to do as I have a small bathroom and there really isn't anywhere out-of-the-way to put it) it completely wacks out and will weigh as much as 3 pounds off the next time, unless I recalibrate it. (And yes I have a tile floor so that is not the issue.) I may be going back to my old Tanita scale - at least it did not vary weight from one minute to the next, like this one does.
  • Hensonator1084
    Hensonator1084 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Your weight can fluctuate at diffrent times of the day depending on what you have eaten or drank or how much salt you have eaten the night before, you see salt makes your body hold onto water, best time to weigh yourself is in the mornin first thing after you have been to the toilet hope this helps
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I'm on scale # 4.

#1 dial scale that is hard to read but didn't go past 300 and I did.

#2 cheap Starfrit scale I got at Rona for under $10. Needed battery replacement every 2 weeks.

#3 Weight Watcher by Conair scale. Needs resetting every time you use it, so 1 foot on until it read a weight, then off until is turned off, then back on to get my weight. Otherwise if I hadn't changed much (~.75 lb) it would give the last weight.

#4 Was at Staples buying a keyboard on the weekend and they had a Withings WiFI scale on the clearance table. So I bought it. Still not cheap though but I will stick to this one. But I can link this to Trendweight and here so it will make life a little easier.
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I have a WW Conair scale and I'm happy with it although I think it weighs a bit heavy. I always weigh less at my doctors' offices and that's with clothes on and having had something to eat and/or drink. My old scale I could step on it three times and it would give me three different weights. This one would give me the same weight every time. I don't have the problem the poster above mentioned with it. I got it at Bed Bath & Beyond.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I've had this one for two years and have weighed myself coming home from the doctor's office and weighed the exact same thing on both scales.

There must be a newer model out now, because when I got it, I paid $25.00 for it!
  • SCP0914
    SCP0914 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thank y'all!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Taylor glass digital scale is what I have.